Senior Project Engineer
Ceramex Ltd is part of the Hexadex Group; Our site based in Slough requires an accomplished Senior Project Engineer to join the team to support the growing business.
This is an exciting opportunity to manage a major new facility project. You will be a qualified Engineer, ideally time spent with the automotive industry.
Responsible for delivering successful NPI process through strong control of the project plan and detailed activities.
Ownership of the design requirements, reviewing the design specification for compliance, and establishing other key milestones throughout the schedule.
- Lead end to end design, build, install, commission process for all processing line and ancillary equipment
- Provide leading input to facility layout design phase, ensuring machine, equipment, line, layout requirements detailed and delivered
- Maintain on time project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; engaging in creative problem solving to overcome technical issues.
- Visit suppliers and customers in support of technical aspects of customer applications & projects ? regular travel to Worcestershire and some travel to mainland Europe will be required.
- Candidates should hold a Degree or HND in an Engineering or Science based discipline ? relevant experience (preferably in automotive) will be a distinct advantage.
- Ideal background working with or for vehicle OEMs
- Experience of supporting APQP requirements in accordance with Automotive standards e.g. TS16949
- Experience or appreciation of statistical Process Control (SPC) & DMAIC methodology ? 6 Sigma
- Ability to produce 3D models & 2D drawings from Customer information
- Develop & maintain good working relationships with suppliers, customers & work colleagues
- Capable of managing multiple projects
- Proficient in the use of MRP & Microsoft Office software packages
- Experience in the design and installation of a multi-million pound manufacturing production line
This is a fixed term contract ? which will complete at the end of 2018. You will need to be flexible and be able to travel; you can be based either in Slough or in the Midlands/ Worcestershire
No Agencies Please
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959460833