Linux Engineer / Systems Administrator
InterSystems provides the information engines that power some of the world?s most important applications. In healthcare, finance, government, and other sectors where lives and livelihoods are at stake, InterSystems has been a strategic technology provider since 1978. InterSystems is a privately held company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA), with offices worldwide, and its software products are used daily by millions of people in more than 100 countries. For more information about InterSystems, the Cache database, Ensemble, HealthShare, TrakCare and more, please visit InterSystems website.
In response to growing market demand, InterSystems established a Hosted Services organization in 2015 to enable the delivery of fully managed and hosted TrakCare and other healthcare related solutions. With two established data center locations and several contracts in the pipeline, Hosted Services is expected to continue to grow significantly through 2017 and beyond.
In support of this growth, we are looking for a Linux Systems Administrator to support and maintain our hosted server environments. Most of the servers run Red Hat Enterprise Linux and is virtualised using VMWare vSphere on a Cisco UCS blade infrastructure. The Linux Engineer role sits within the Hosted Services team whose primary objective is to maintain 24x7 performance, availability and security of our hosted services.
Linux Systems Engineer - Responsibilities:
Work with the engineering/architecture teams to design solutions so as to maximize performance, efficiency and operability of hosted solutions.
- Lead and/or participate in the provisioning and deployment of server, network and other hosting-related equipment, including hands-on build and configuration as/when required.
- Participate in the deployment of new applications and/or changes, ensuring that all service components are monitored and integrated into the company?s operational processes.
- Work with stakeholders across the solutions lifecycle to ensure that pre-operational sign-offs are obtained, so as to ensure that solutions can be operated in a way that meets or exceeds performance targets e.g. security, availability and response times.
- Assist with the troubleshooting of integration issues.
- Hands-on administration and maintenance of hosted servers and related infrastructure (firewalls, switches, storage, etc.) including pro-active identification and fixing of potential incidents, backup management, etc.
- Participate in the definition, documentation, operation and continuous improvement of operational processes e.g. ITIL-based processes such as incident, change, problem and configuration management, and the smooth integration of these with wider company processes and systems.
- Define, implement, monitor and report on metrics that are required for the delivery of highly-available hosted services, as well as to meet the needs of the wider organization e.g. management, engineering, customer services and our customers.
- Provide technical support for all areas of hosted services, including participation on a 24x7 on-call rota; ensure the timely resolution of incidents and/or problems affecting hosted solutions and deploy approved changes and/or updates as required.
- Track server-related issues, troubleshoot and remedy hardware issues and manage RMA processes with various vendors.
- Work towards the automation of hosting-related processes e.g. deployment of changes, deployment of new services, inventory management, security scanning, service level reporting, etc.
Candidates for this role will have a passion for learning new skills and technologies, together with a expert-level, commercial experience of configuring and supporting Linux servers ? preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux ? using VMWare vSphere 5.5 or later and, ideally, running on a Cisco UCS blade infrastructure.
The following skills are required for the role:
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Linux server administration (RHCE/RHCSA would be a bonus)
- Good knowledge and experience of VMware vSphere 5.x with vCenter configuration and administration
- Good network skills (layers 2 and 3) and experience
- Recent experience of providing 24x7 support for production services
The following skills are not critical for the role, but would add value:
- Knowledge and experience of ITIL-based support processes (ITIL certification would be a bonus)
- Cisco Nexus and ASA experience (CCNA/CCNP certification would be a bonus)
- Cisco UCS blade server infrastructure experience
- Load balancing (F5 Big-IP skills would be a bonus)
- Puppet or Chef configuration and management
- Strong scripting skills (Shell, Perl, Python)
- EMC VNX configuration and management experience
- Service monitoring and alerting (Nagios preferred)
- VMWare qualifications (VCP would be a bonus)
- Service Now experience
InterSystems Corporation is a privately held software company with a 39-year track record of consistent growth and profitability. We view hiring, developing, and retaining the best people as key to our record of success
?We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, membership in uniformed armed services or Veterans? status, or any other class protected by applicable.
To apply for the Linux Systems Engineer position, please click on the apply button.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959444003