Role: Service Engineer
Salary: £27 - £34k
Benefits: Call out retainer, company vehicle, 20 days annual leave,
Sector: Compressed air solutions industry
Recruiter Contact: *********** - Adam
Interaction Technical Engineering are currently seeking 2 talented skilled Service Engineers to work alongside an established team of skilled engineers. You, the Service Engineer will take responsibility and ensure reliability of our customers' compressed air supplies. You will install service and maintain compressed air systems for our customers: small medium and large companies primarily within the Midlands area but at times also nationally. As a Service Engineer will also act as an ambassador for the company brand, always upholding the company values: customer service, integrity, professionalism and team work. Working with the Service Manager to identify and implement service improvements and supporting the Sales team in identifying new business opportunities.
Ideally, you will have experience of engineering in a compressed air environment, however, candidates who are multi-skilled maintenance engineers with extensive knowledge of electrical and mechanical fault finding will also be considered. You will have excellent problem solving and communications skills, be able to work alone and take initiative and have a pro-active responsible and efficient approach to all that you do. You will also understand the importance of thorough and timely reporting.
- Take part in technical training as required (may involve travel within UK).
- Perform such duties either functional or administrative as delegated by management that are deemed fair and reasonable.
- Adhere to all regulatory Health & Safety requirements (our client and customer's). Follow customer procedures.
- Correct and detailed paperwork - all paperwork should be clear, accurate and legible. Report any potential or actual incidents of a dangerous nature.
- Share solutions with colleagues; Strive to expand your technical knowledge where possible.
- Review work sheets and parts issued to ensure the job can be completed and communicate with stores where required - request parts on a timely basis to enable a proper work flow.
- Maintain verbal and written communications with customers and others as required.
- Keep the customer informed and ensure that any work is done with their approval. Liaise with the Service Manager and office based personnel to achieve a clear understanding of specific job requirements prior to setting out on a job.
- Keep the office informed of any changes in plans/timescales. Share solutions with colleagues and business opportunities with sales.
- Work methodically, keeping your work area clean and clear. Aim to complete repairs on a first hit visit. Don't cut corners - aim for no call backs, be expert and complete all work to a high standard
Required Skills / Experience
- Engineering qualification (City & Guilds or NVQ).
- F-Gas certification and 17th edition standard
- Multi-skilled maintenance engineer with demonstrable field-based fault finding/problem solving skills in industrial electrical and mechanical engineering.
- Proven Engineering background and of communicating successfully with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- Evidence of accountability in terms of procedures and report writing skills.
- PC skills.
- Flexible working pattern to fulfil commitments, sometimes outside the working day.
- Full driving licence.
In return for your services the Salary: £Circa 27-34K, Benefits: Call out retainer, company vehicle, 20 days annual leave
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959508886