Machine Shop Team Leader
We are recruiting for a Machine Shop Team Leader in the Chorley area.
As a Machine Shop Team Leader you will need to have:
- Good standard of general education
- Completed a City & Guilds Apprenticeship
- Experience of manual milling machines and 5 years of operating machines
- Experience in a supervisory position- this will be supporting a small team
- Excellent communication skills
- Good report writing skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to liaise effectively with other departments
- Able to read drawings
Details of the Machine Shop Team Leader role
Salary: £32,000 a year
Working Hours : 8am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 8am to 1pm on Fridays
Role of a Machine Shop Team Leader
- To assist in the co-ordination and control of the day to day operations of machine shop personnel, so as to provide a safe, secure and efficient work environment,
- To assist in controlling and directing all machining resources, operations and facilities in order to adhere to project / programmes schedule.
- To further increase in house machining resource capabilities by dropping onto production work as required.
- Assist with the preparation of risk assessment and method statements as required.
- To assist in continuously reviewing machining procedures and capability in order to sustain the most cost effective and efficient methods, and making recommendation for improvement as appropriate.
- To assist in the monitoring and reporting of the machining progress, notifying any predicted shortfall or discrepancies against timescale and budgets.
- Immediate notification to the Production Manager of any machining problems, by the production of a Manufacturing Change Record (MCR).
If you are interested in the above Machine Shop Team Leader role please click apply.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959472491