Employment Law Consultant
Employment Law Consultant
Business division: Insurance - Risk Management
Contract type: Full time permanent
Remuneration: Salary (dependant on skills and experience) plus company benefits + Car Allowance
Jelf is one of the UK's leading insurance brokers, employee benefits, healthcare and financial planning consultancies. The Group has 36 offices in 33 locations across England and Wales employing over 1,200 members of staff.
A multi-award winning business, Jelf works hand in hand with local, national and international clients in over 100 countries. Jelf has built its business on the ethos of placing the client at its heart and providing the very best care and personal service - a core value that still remains true today.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Employment Law Consultant to join one of the UK's leading independent insurance brokers.
Based out of Bradford office, the purpose of this role is to successfully deliver all aspects of employment law advice and assistance to various external stakeholders. As well as being responsible for the effective Advise on all aspects of UK employment law and employee relations issues.
- Advise on all aspects of the employment contract documentation.
- Produce contracts of employment, main terms and conditions of employment and employee handbook as necessary.
- Prepare for and represent clients as Employment Tribunals and Negotiate and draft settlement agreements.
- Keep accurate and up to date records of all advice given on the case management.
- Support clients as necessary in carrying out their legal duties by attending at formal meetings, such as grievance and disciplinary hearings.
- Draft all relevant supporting documentation relating to employment law/employee relations matters, such as template letters, memos and taking notes of the meeting if required.
- Visit client companies in accordance with the pre-agreed number of days to deal with specific issues and also provide telephone assistance as necessary.
- Devise and deliver employment law training sessions for clients as necessary.
- Devise and deliver information update sessions to prospective clients to generate new business leads.
- To support growth of the Employment Law business through prospecting, marketing and networking.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years employment law experience
- Excellent client facing/stakeholder management skills
- Employment tribunal experience
- An in-depth understanding of UK employment law & employment contracts
- Law degree and LPC or equivalent qualifications
This is an excellent opportunity to join a multi-award winning business who can offer long term growth and progression opportunities. To apply for this position please contact ***************************************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959499975