Risk Analyst - Excellent Opportunity
An energy supplier based in North West London is currently experiencing a period of growth and is looking for experienced professionals to add to their dedicated workforce.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an ambitious, hands-on Risk Analyst to join the dedicated team primarily involved in controlling financial risks related to market, credit, regulatory and operational exposures.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Identify, monitor and report on all energy market related risks the company is exposed to.
- Report on market related exposures based on the risk metrics outlined.
- Analyse reported risks and perform additional stress tests.
- Establish an early warning or trigger system for breaches of the company?s risk limits.
- Participate in key decision-making processes (e.g. strategic planning, capital and liquidity planning, new products and services, compensation design and operation).
- Establish risk management and approval processes for new or expanded products or services, lines of business and markets, as well as for large and complex transactions that require significant use of resources or have hard-to-quantify risks.
- Liaise with senior management to capture management tolerance, reporting requirements, and communicate issues of operational risk concern.
Ideal qualifications, skill sets and experience:
- Experience of working in a wholesale and/or retail UK energy business.
- Strong understanding of risk management of complex energy assets and risk methodologies.
- Strong mathematical and modelling skills.
- Ability to grasp a concept quickly and deliver.
- Highly organised person, with a clear attention to detail and demonstrable ability to manage multiple projects with varying, time pressured deliverables.
- Proven ability to be able to develop and maintain ongoing relationships with individuals at different levels.
- Advanced IT literacy in data management, manipulation and reporting (Access, Excel, SharePoint, Power BI and VBA) and formal writing (Word and PowerPoint).
If you have the relevant energy background or career experience skill sets, and would like to know more about the above opportunity, then please apply now.
Due to the amount of applications we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are only able to respond to the successfully shortlisted candidates. If you have not heard from us within 3-5 days of applying for this position, your application was not successful on this occasion. We may however be able to contact you with a more relevant position at a later date.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959512021