Linux Software Engineer - Manchester - £55k
Currently working with a Manchester born but now international Software Company who are looking to fill a number of pivotal roles to be based out of their swanky offices located near Manchester Airport which includes an opportunity for an experienced Linux Software Engineer to join their next phase of product expansion.
What will you be doing?
- You will be the technical subject matter expert, and be responsible for the design and development of a new Linux product offered by the company. This will include the research, prototype and on board new technologies if they can bring a competitive edge. You will use agile tools and techniques to play a full part in all aspects of the software development lifecycle and work with the rest of the team to identify areas of process and tooling that can improve code quality and delivery. As well as identifying emerging and upcoming technical developments liaising with the architecture community of practice to identify those that may benefit future product development
Who are they looking for?
- An experienced Linux Software Engineer with experience of Linux system programming in C/C++
- Experience of shell scripting
- Experience of mentoring, supporting and guiding a team within all technical aspects
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- OO design
- Writing multithreaded software
- Experience in advanced debugging techniques
- Designing for performance, security & stability
Desirable Education &Experience
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Unit testing
- Experience in developing security software
- Experience with Unix systems
- Linux kernel level experience and developing drivers
- An understanding of Linux system administration in an enterprise environment
Why would you want to work there?
Firstly let's talk about the offices, they have been designed to provide a flexible and enjoyable place to work. You will have access to an onsite gym, a games room with consoles, old school arcade machine and a pool table and fantastic break out areas with fully stocked snack cupboards and drinks fridges. The work spaces are pretty cool as well, and you will be part of a company that really believes in cutting edge technology. You will have the chance to develop your skills with time given to self learn and attend conferences. They also have massive growth plans so from a career perspective you will have the ability to choose where you want to go.
They are also offering very good salary of between £45,000 - £55,000 and rewards scheme, flexible working hours and much more
How to apply Please call us on ************* for more information or please apply online.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959496618