Field Civils Technician (Fibre Ducting)
Civils nrswa cscs fibre ducts telecommunications cabling
Field Civils Technician (Fibre Ducting) for a major UK Broadband services provider
Up to £35k base plus benefits
Our client is the largest 1 Gig residential broadband provider in the UK. Over the past 5 years we?ve grown from a small team of people with a simple idea, to a larger group of people executing the idea with a simple focus ? efficiently bringing 1 Gig broadband to urban areas across the UK.
As we continue to evolve our strategy we are looking for people who believe in reliability, intelligence, zeal, and excellence. If you?re looking for an exciting challenge that is rewarding and enjoyable then read on?.
Their mission is more than just an internet service provider; it also installs its own fibre infrastructure into multi-occupancy buildings, bringing the UK?s fastest internet speeds to users. Your mission will be to work as part of a two-man team to ensure duct routes and access points are either cleared or where needed, new routes installed to allow the installation of fibre optic cables.
You will have experience in a similar civil environment within the telecommunications or utility industry. Health & Safety will have been at the heart of everything you have done and you should have the ability to demonstrate strong knowledge and focus on this. Your time served in the industry will mean that you have demonstrable experience in street works and will preferably have industry recognised qualifications, NRSWA and CSCS. You will have proven reinstatement experience in both footway and carriageway.
Reporting to the Lead Civils Operative.
Responsibilities and duties will include:
- Responsible for civil works undertaken in the public highway, private land and customer premises in accordance with current legislation, client standard operating procedures and company health and safety policies
- Conduct pre-work site specific surveys, excavation, duct and chamber installation, repair and reinstatement of a telecommunications network
- Ensure all civils and cabling works are undertaken in compliance with all current client processes and procedures as well as NRSWA quality standards and specification
(Essential and desirable)
- Previous experience in a similar role preferably in the telecommunications industry
- Can communicate effectively, professionally and technically
- Determination and commitment to delivery and quality
- Able to work in a team or individually
- Energetic, logical with an eye for detail
- Proactive and positive approach
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- NRSWA certification
- CSCS certification preferable
- First Aider
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959490557