Information Security Consultant
One of our clients a major retailer situated in Bracknell are currently looking for a Information Security Consultant to join their architecture team on an initial 6 month period with likely extensions.
To architect information security solutions and to ensure appropriate information security policies and standards are adhered to. Ensure that the integrity of the overall IT security architecture is maintained. Pursue a risk reduction agenda, whilst ensuring information security efforts do not constrain the ability of the divisions to achieve their strategic objectives. Maintain awareness of wider developments in security, technologies and vulnerabilities.
- Responsible for security solutions, identifying risks, undertaking mitigating actions and ensuring the solutions are suitable for the business need and strategy"
- Ensuring that relevant available standards, methods, tools and solutions are established and used to ensure effective information security controls are implemented
- Facilitate discussions between business teams and IT teams in order to define and approve the IT security solutions to business scenarios
- Communicate complex security requirements in an engaging manner (including to non-technical audiences)
- Maintain strong working relationships with IT teams
- Work in an ambiguous situations to design solutions, working with a range of stakeholders to reach consensus
- Assess risk of IT solutions, communicating InfoSec demand and capacity to the Strategy & Architecture leadership team and stakeholders
- Manage the solution design process, establishing plans and milestones, for self and others, delegating responsibilities as required to meet deadlines
- Manage demand for security services, communicating demand and capacity to the Strategy & Architecture leadership team and stakeholders
- Be responsible for own technical work and/or project and/or supervisory responsibilities
- Work in an environment where targets move and situations are ambiguous.
- Be an SME for security across the Business, acting as a point of contact for any questions on information and integration
Experience Required :
- Knowledge of relevant industry architecture frameworks and standards (e.g.TOGAF)
- 5+ Years exposure to Information Security
- Knowledge of financial modelling as it pertains to IT investment.
- Knowledge of IT governance and operation.
Knowledge and understanding of infrastructure security related challenges and concepts, including common solutions and infrastructure platforms/products such as:
- Active Directory
- Network Access Control Products
- Splunk / SIEM Tools
- McAfee Endpoint Security suite, EPO etc
- Database Security (DB2, SQL, Oracle)
- Common Infrastructure management tools e.g SCCM, Red Hat Satellite
Knowledge and understanding of non technical information security processes and procedures including:
- Common risk assessment methodologies
- Data flow analysis
- Secure Development Lifecycle Processes
- Dynamic and Static Code Analysis
- Common application security issues (particularly related to in house developed applications)
- Business Impact Assessments
If this role does look of interest to you and is a good match for your skills and experience then please do apply !
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959510289