Part Time Payroll Assistant
Part Time Permanent Payroll Assistant
Monday to Wednesday - 7.30am-3.30pm or 8am-4pm
22.5 hours per week (excl. breaks)
Up to £9.85 per hour - Hourly rate dependant on skills and experience
- Worked within a fast paced payroll administrative position for at least 2 years
- Experienced with HRMC and all pay Legislations
- Used payroll systems- Rota Horizon, Pegasus, Opera 3
- Experienced in running RTI Reports
- Experienced with Auto enrol Pensions
- Employment Law awareness
- Efficient in using Microsoft Office packages, particularly Excel
- Diploma in Payroll Management/ or equivalent qualification- certified by the Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals is desirable
- Fully confident and capable with Year-end Procedures
- Manage payroll department activities to ensure the accurate and timely preparation, inputting, running of the organisations payrolls for both weekly and monthly paid. Payroll summaries are recorded manually by departments in the excel sheets for all companies payroll weekly and monthly salaries.
- Ensures appropriate withholding of federal, state and local taxes: social security, employee benefits, contributions etc. Each week/month its forwarded to the accountants giving breakdown of statutory sickness pay, tax credit, loans, health care/medical and mortgage payment transfers and rent.
- Accurately recording and payment of employee holiday, ensuring processes are in place to monitor annual entitlement.
- Ensure Tax code changes are processed each week
- Collating and sending court orders to the courts
- Maintain Hours reports and accounts journal
- Advise/provide explanations to managers and employees regarding any pay queries (SSP, SMP, holidays, Maternity etc)
- Processing Starters and Leavers for payroll
- Acts as an effective liaison in the resolution of payroll problems/error, in coordination with sites and the HR team.
- Develop and implement approved changes to methods or procedures to improve the efficiency of the payroll function.
- Maintain appropriate records, files and documentation, both electronically and hard copies.
- Acts as a liaison between Human Resources and employees regarding Human Resources issues, ensuring effective communication is delivered throughout and ensuring the correct approach is adapted to sensitive matters.
- Assists the Human Resources department when required, in both an administrative and advisory capacity. At all times consistently adhering to company policy & procedure, company practice and with the best interests of the company and its employees.
- Maintain positive relationships with management and employees, ensuring that there is an open forum for the HR department to be approached by service users.
- Provides administrative support as needed (e.g. devising letters, advertising for recruitment, filing, copying and collating, answering telephones and taking messages. Establishing and maintain employee and other files.
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times, both verbal and written.
- Compile information, prepare and process a wide variety of personnel action forms containing confidential and sensitive information.
- Sending through payroll summaries to Managers
- Ensure compliance with General Data Protection Regulations
- To carry out other duties that may be reasonably requested by you line manager
Wheatcroft Sims acts as an Employment Business
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959511777