IT Support Technician
IT & Operations Support
We are recruiting for a great new position & multi-disciplinary role within the operations team of a UK wide high quality retailer
This IT Support Engineer role includes the provision of first line IT Technical Services to internal clients consisting of technical support, systems installation, monitoring and maintenance. You will be providing technical support, assisting callers with issues and logging all faults through the in-house system.
You will also be responsible for maintaining a positive relationship with customers, identifying customer needs and ensuring that the service providers can meet these needs. Experience working with service providers is desirable, IT Support experience is essential.
Additionally, you will support with the property, facilities and safety management of the company. This would include co-ordinating the provision of 3rd party property and facilities contractors. Maintenance of company safety data and provision of reporting also falls within the remit of this role.
Overview of the duties in your role..
To accurately accept and log all telephonic, email and/or web interface requests and incidents associated with IT, property and safety.
* To diligently follow all Service Desk Technician work instructions and processes.
* Monitor the status of client's systems and of clients hosted back up and anti-virus.
* To continually improve First Contact Resolution rates by referencing and making use of all available tools and knowledge documents.
* To prioritise all calls based on operational SLAs.
* To provide users with accurate, up to date and reliable information on all status queries and update requests.
* To propose cases to improve the knowledge and process documentation.
* To ensure high customer satisfaction levels through the effective application of soft and technical skills.
* Research, resolve and respond to queries received via telephone calls, emails and call-backs in a timely manner in accordance with the Service Level agreements.
* Provide management with appropriate status report.
* Lead or participate in projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of operations.
* Ensure that all IT Service Management processes, Operational Level Agreements and Underpinning Contracts are appropriate for the agreed service level targets.
* Assign property issues to nominated contractors.
* Maintain safety audits logs and provide reports on compliance.
The Knowledge and Skills you will need?
Good working knowledge and support knowledge of end user computing such as Windows and Mac operating systems including printers.
Knowledge of Exchange, Outlook, office 365 and provide configuration assistance.
Good communication skills & strong passion for IT.
Ability to multitask & prioritise work load.
Able to work flexible within a changing environment.
Good understanding of network concepts and principles.
Can use standard applications to process, obtain and combine information - Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word
*Advantage if you have knowledge of Cisco CCNA, or Microsoft MCP, MCSA. CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security.
* You will need your own transport and flexible to travel to sites where needed
Salary is dependent on experience to £30,000 plus 28 days holiday, pension and staff discounts
Please apply now if you feel you fit the bill for this unique exciting role with a national business
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959498540