Cloud Architect / Azure
We are currently recruiting for a hands on Cloud Azure Architect for an initial 6 months contract assignment in London/Cambridge/Remote Working.
Leveraging deep industry and technical expertise, you will deliver relevant, high-quality solutions and services to empower our customers to lead the digital transformation of their industries.
Azure Architect is a technical, customer facing, post-sale role accountable for the end-to-end Azure cloud deployment and consumption experience for key central government customers across a wide variety of workloads. In that context, the he/she owns the Azure technical customer engagement including: architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concepts or other deployment solutions.
The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and success leading architecture, design and implementation activities to drive deployment of Azure industry solutions.
Due to sensitivity of the project, the successful candidate should be eligible for SC Security Clearance.
- Drive the deployment of Azure-based education solutions and ensure usage and consumption of the platform by providing architectural design and deployment guidance, supporting development of the customers? cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to overcome customers? blockers
- Play a key role in the technical deployment team. Responsible for leading and/or deploying large scale, multi-region, complex Azure platforms and services with diverse requirements but usually centred around Azure Infrastructure Operations IaaS and PaaS
- Keep up to date with technology innovation, market trends, competitive insights and industry regulatory/compliance requirements, and propose/incorporate appropriate adjustments
Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends, particularly as they apply to the public sector
- 5+ years of experience and success in consultative implementing and deploying complex, business critical industry solutions, including cloud-based or hybrid solutions
- Proven track record of successful large scale Azure deployments
- 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
- Deep technical experience in one or more of the following areas:, Systems Operations / Management, Virtualization, IP Networking, Storage, IT Security
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following programming languages: .NET, C++, Java, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails, Pig/Hive, R
- Collaborative, problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources and creating virtual teams of experts to foster growth mindset and best practices sharing
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, including presentation skills
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959501376