Senior Tax Manager
Senior Tax Manager, Bristol. Salary: £70,000 - £85,000 plus generous benefits package (including 23 days? holiday + bank holidays + 12 refresher/study days + on-going support with professional training, generous employers pension contribution + income protection benefit + private medical insurance + life assurance + free parking etc.)
The Company: I am recruiting a Senior Tax Manager on behalf of Paradigm Norton, an award-winning fee-based financial planning firm based in Ham Green, Bristol (BS20, close proximity to both M4 and M5). Putting the client?s goals at the heart of the process they deliver creative solutions across a range of disciplines ? comprehensive and bespoke financial planning, investment and portfolio management, tax and estate planning and advice on giving and philanthropy. They are proud to have one of the most talented and highly qualified teams in the UK, employing individuals with the insight and capacity to readily translate complex financial issues and strategies for high net worth clients into workable solutions.
The Role: The Senior Tax Manager will be a tax expert with the ability to advise on complex matters, managing a small and highly varied portfolio of your own High Net Worth Clients. The Senior Tax Manager will also be a motivational and supportive Manager with the ability to oversee and direct the operation of members of the Tax and Business Services Team.
Senior Tax Manager, Responsibilities:
- Run own portfolio of high net worth clients, taking a pro-active approach to tax planning as well as reactive consultancy/special projects as they arise.
- Ensure compliance deadlines are met and beneficial claims and elections are made within deadlines e.g. PPR, holdover, EIS.
- Monitor own client fee costs against budgets, keeping write-offs to a minimum and negotiating fee increases as appropriate.
- Deliver consistently high-quality tax planning and tax services to all Paradigm Norton clients, supporting colleagues in Financial Planning team.
- Team Management ? lead team meetings, support and manage the sub-team leaders, carry out annual staff appraisals, coordinate training and development as appropriate.
- Monitor the flow, accuracy and quality of work within the Tax and Business Services teams, ensuring creative advice is provided on a timely basis and the appropriate allocation of clients.
- Drive team performance improvement, quality control and best practice.
- Liaise with firm?s internal accountant regarding team budgets and costings, charge-out rates, new business targets etc.
- Participate in providing training for the Company on tax matters.
- Manage firm-wide ad hoc projects, e.g. HMRC notification, ERI, FATCA, GDPR.
Senior Tax Manager, Skills and Experience required:
- A chartered accountant specialising in tax (FCA/ACA) or CTA (Chartered Tax Adviser) ? preferable
- 5 years? + post qualification experience.
- Experience of working in a ?Big 5? or medium tier firm - preferable.
- Some knowledge of dealing with high net worth individuals, dealing with all types of personal tax planning including IHT/trust/offshore.
- Experience of team leadership or ready for progression into management.
- Experience of corporate and business tax affairs - preferable.
- Good knowledge of major personal taxes ? income, capital gains and inheritance tax.
- Some knowledge of overseas tax planning for non-resident and non-domiciled clients, tax planning with trusts, tax issues on investments (including insurance bonds, VCTs, EIS/SEIS/CITR, offshore funds (reporting and non-reporting) etc).
- Confident and relaxed with clients, able to think quickly and creatively to resolve tax problems.
- Technologically adept with experience of streamlining tax operations.
- Strong commercial focus with the ability to drive profitability throughout the team.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with an ?all hands-on deck? approach in busy periods.
The successful Senior Tax Manager will enjoy a highly rewarding career working for an award winning and progressive company who invest in their staff and value and reward individual contribution.
Dawn O?Shea recruits directly on behalf of Paradigm Norton Financial Planning Ltd so NO AGENCIES PLEASE. If you are successful in being short-listed you will be contacted by telephone to discuss the role and your requirements in more detail.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959507999