£30,000 - 35,000 per annum (DOE)
Syntax Consultancy have a requirement for a Network Manager to be based in Woking.
Must have been enhanced CRB/DBS checked in the last 3 years, and in possession of the original certificate.
Role Purpose and responsibilities:
Responsible for technical support, proactive school infrastructure monitoring and management for customers and technical support of applications and solutions.
- Design, document and implement managed service school networks.
- Maintain managed service networks after implementation.
- Advise account managers on technical questions and agree on the best way to proceed with a particular job or project.
- Induct new engineers on the existing managed service networks; train them up on technologies and practises we've implemented that they may not be familiar with.
- Train school staff in the operation and usage of new technologies implemented by us.
- Liaises with third party companies and Local education authorities on issues that concern the networks I support.
- Respond to support call's received by the support centre.
- Promoting the purchase of additional hardware or services to clients.
- Continual updating of professional qualifications to maintain company's competitive edge.
- Researching new products and techniques.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Ideally have an Enhanced DBS clearance taken within the last 3 years. Otherwise you must be willing to undergo an Enhanced DBS clearance.
- 2 - 3 years' experience in supporting a school network environment or previous experience working in the education sector.
- Configuring and managing Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS and DHCP
- Good knowledge and/or experience with Microsoft Exchange 2000, 2003 and 2007 including maintenance and setup.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2000/2008, Microsoft Small Business Server, which includes complex active directory setup and maintenance, group policy and scripting.
- Experience in Virtualisation technologies (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Knowledge of Cisco product line and solutions (CCNA)
- Experience with desktop operating systems from Windows XP to Windows 8.
- Self-Motivated and accountable with a high attention to detail
- Excellent Time Management, and Planning & Control
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills are essential as candidates will be expected to deal with customers in a professional manner via telephone, face to face and written correspondence. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate a professional attitude and high level of commitment.
Please email your current CV through for initial consideration stating your work availability, and expected daily rate. If your application matches the role's requirements, you will receive a phone call from one of our consultants who will discuss the opportunity in more detail with you, and be happy to answer your questions about the role. We always endeavor to respond to each unsuitable application; however, due to current high volumes of applications it is not always possible to achieve this. Thank you for your understanding.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd operates as an Employment Business and Agency.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959489485