Field Service Engineer
E3 Recruitment are happy to announce that an exceptional opportunity has become available within the Field Engineering team for a Service Engineer with one of our leading clients. Responsible for the maintenance and repair of Hanel machinery located primarily in the North East.
Our client has been successfully operating for over 20 years, specialising in automated lifts and storage carousels in a multitude of industry sectors and working in exclusive partnership with renowned German manufacturer and global supplier Hanel.
As a Service Engineer, you will report directly to the Operations Manager. Hours of work will be flexible to meet client requirements during the working week, with occasional pre-arranged weekend work.
You will be located within commutable distance of our clients large client base located predominantly in the Midlands and will be expected to work from home when not out in the field servicing clients.
Regular travel should be expected, repairing faults and undertaking annual servicing, whilst using best practice methods and adhering to health and safety regulations and procedures at all times. You must hold a valid UK driving license. National and international travel with overnight stays should be expected as part of this role.
What you'll need
You will be willing to learn, self-motivated, practical, and able to demonstrate completion of complex tasks within pre-defined timescales.
You will have a number of yearsâEUR experience and/or qualifications within a maintenance, electrical or mechanical engineering environment and be technically minded.
Experience within the modern storage industry is not essential. Experience in manual handling is desirable.
Good communication skills are advantageous as you will be liaising directly with clients for all inspection and maintenance work. Above all, strong attention to detail and taking pride in your work is essential as you will be responsible for assessing overall safety of the storage systems, ensuring the machinery adheres to health and safety standards.
To reap the rewards and benefits of this varied role you will have a flexible can do attitude, combined with a methodical approach and an ability to deal with clients in a professional manner at all times.
* Inspect a variety of Hanel automated storage systems based predominantly in North-East England
* Complete annual servicing and ongoing maintenance work and repair for Hanel units
* Identification of faults and resolutions for the customers independently diagnosing and repairing equipment accordingly
* Assisting with new software upgrades for the systems
* Assist in the commissioning and installation of new products at client sites
* Responding to emergency machine breakdowns when required
* Provide technical support to clients
* Provide product training at site
* Complete all service documentation and report back to Operations Manager
* Contacting, arranging and travelling to client sites accordingly
* Be a quick learner - thoroughly understanding the inner-workings of Hanel solutions
* Be a self-starter an effectively organizing your own work schedule and travel arrangements
* Be positive, professional, presentable and friendly at all times
As well as offering you the opportunity to join a very successful, family run business, the right candidate will also be provided with:
* Intensive teaching programme for product training carried out at manufacturer Hanel GmbH Germany and UK Headquarters
* State-of-the-art UK training centre for hands-on continuous R&D and training on industry specific machinery, plant and equipment
* Excellent salary package
* Company van
* Fully expensed travel
* Complete set of tools and full site uniform
* Company laptop and iPhone
* Pension scheme
* Annual discretionary profit-related bonus scheme
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959490853