Principal Purpose of Role
- Run the site Maintenance Management System and be hands on to maintain the site services and cover for stores.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Observe & apply all Health & Safety policies & procedures
- Ensure all statutory testing is maintained in line with EU & UK legislation
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained in line with the factory clean-as-you-go policy during and after maintenance work
- Manage contractors when needed in line with company Management of Contractors procedure
- Use root cause analysis to continuously reduce factory downtime
- Support factory audits and visits
- Meet KPI as specified and compile KPI reports
- Provide support to team during breaks and absences and work together with Engineers in the completion of their duties when needed
- Keep the site CMMS system up to date
- Maintain the site services and when need organise contractors to assist
- Ensure that all work orders, PM?s issued to the team are completed
- Log all completed work orders on the PM system
- Help ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Efficiently manage, facilitate and work with teams to resolve mechanical and/or electrical problems in a timely fashion.
- Order spare parts as required on shift if unavailable from stock and contact contractors/suppliers as required in order to resolve problems
- Ensure all parts removed from stores while on shift are booked out of stores in the correct way
- Where necessary, must initiate the purchase of parts, tools or equipment completing the relevant order requisition forms with relevant information handing them into the Engineering Stores Administrator for processing
- Assist the teams identify and analyse problems together before crises and determine appropriate action and follow-up
- Ensure remedial works to equipment raised by work order or PM?s are highlighted to the Engineering Manager
- Ensure compliance of ?Permit to Work? system at weekends/nights by all employees/contractors
- Deputise for the Stores Administrator as required.
- Read the Maintenance Log Book daily
- Obtain the Maintenance Managers signature of approval for all Purchase Requisitions and the Engineering Manager?s signature for all Purchase Requisitions
- File delivery notes of all received parts, and logs delivered parts on SAP when needed
- Maintain the parts areas in a clean, neat and organised condition
- Ship parts for repair as required
- This is not a full definition of the role but covers the main aspects and drivers for success.
Requirements, Person Specification
- CMMS/ EAM knowledge
- Previous food processing (automated) industry experience highly desirable
- Electrical and/or mechanical qualifications/time served apprenticeship
- Computer skills
- A good standard of both written and oral English
- Basic Food Hygiene.
- Basic Health & Safety
- Data and analytical skills (troubleshoot)
- People management skills.
- PLC, pneumatics, hydraulics, temperature control, instrumentation, welding, FLT license.
- HNC/HND or equivalent.
- Primarily based in production areas, work may also include working outside or on roof areas, stairwells, ducts, plant rooms, office areas and warehouse
- May have to work in warm, humid, cold or wet environments for short periods of time
- May have to work exposed to weather occasionally using suitable protective equipment/PPE
- Occasionally may have to work in confined spaces.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959445931