Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Honeywell Aerospace is a leading global aviation supplier designing, manufacturing and distributing advanced electronic systems, products and services to commercial, defense and space industries. Globally, we have 40,000 employees and operate in over 125 international locations.
The Established Satellite Communications team, based in Tewkesbury, UK, now seeks a Senior Engineer to take us forward in the Aircraft Connectivity Market.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small team of domain leading experts within a Major Multinational Aerospace player. Aircraft Connectivity is one of the most significant growth areas and it is in its infancy. The opportunity to get on the ladder early in this complex domain and set the standards and systems for the next 50 plus years, is exciting and rewarding.
Principally, a Satellite Communications based team, we also have significant influence in air to ground (ATG) communications including LTE, GSM, VHF and others throughout Honeywell. Also leading into Data and Control links for UAS. We are actively involved in Government initiatives in this domain, notably ARTES, IRIS, ANTARES, SESAR, Clean Sky II.
We are interested to hear from candidates with experience of embedded software and/or DSP development in C/C++ in for Satcom or cellular. An appreciation of layer 1 would be desirable but not essential. We are particularly interested to hear from candidates with experience of embedded SoC development based on ARM and Texas Instruments DSPs e.g. Sitara ? aimed at modem development.
- The primary role of the job includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Software architecture and design C/C++
- Software implementation and test
- Architectural design and partitioning of hardware ? software products, and of major embedded software components
- Possibly some technical team leadership
- Active contribution to design and document reviews for your own and other areas of development
- Active contribution to refining software development processes and procedures within the group
Experience / Skills required:
- Graduate or MSC qualified in Electronics, Software Engineering or Communication Engineering ideally.
- Embedded C/C++, RTOS
- Experience / Skills desirable:
- SoC development based on ARM and Texas Instruments DSPs e.g. Sitara ?
- Satcom/Cellular telecoms engineering: GAN, BGAN, GSM, UMTS/W-CDMA, LTE
- Software architecture design and development, C/C++, embedded, RTOS
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959486442