Commissioning Engineer - Special Purpose Machinery
£50K + Overtime + Overseas Uplift + Excellent benefits
Are you an ambitious commissioning engineer with experience of controlling and delivering large scale special purpose machinery? If so then this is an outstanding opportunity for you to make a significant impression. Cygnet Texkimp are a world leader in specialist bespoke machinery for the global technical composite fibre, fabric, paper, plastic, foil and film processing markets. We focus on the design and manufacture of leading edge creel technologies and accessories for the unwinding, tensioning and guiding of yarns, tapes and fibres from package to process. The company operates globally meeting the growing needs of composite fibre handling machines for the Aerospace, Automotive, Geo-textiles, tyre-cord and emerging materials markets.
With ambitious growth plans, this global supplier of bespoke equipment and machinery represents a secure but expanding working environment where you can progress your skills and responsibilities. This role is broad and challenging where you will be building commissioning plans (timescales and schedules), communicating them internally and externally, building key customer relationships and ensuring on time delivery and sign off. You will also be key in software configuration and testing, as well as all electrical and mechanical integration work.
- PLC (e.g Allen Bradley, Siemens, Mitsubishi, GE) configuration, drive tuning and software testing to ensure the finished machine is right first time every time.
- Able to download and upload various software to change parameters specifically for the client and PLC in question.
- Ideally have experience from a robotics industry.
- A background in commissioning large scale plant projects is needed. Customer relationship building and excellent internal communication are key elements of the role.
- Strong leadership and Project Management experience is desired as the perfect candidate will have to lead from the front and take responsibility.
- Putting together the commissioning plan in terms of timescales and schedules are also fundamental to the role.
- Overseas travel to USA, Germany, France and Spain is also part of the role (up to 70% of the time).
The successful candidate will have a strong electrical commissioning background in a large scale bespoke machinery environment and a methodical approach to solving complex problems. You also need a good understanding of managing key customer expectations and communicating effectively. You also need experience in PLC software configuration and testing, drive tuning and mechanical support. Above all you need a structured approach to problem solving, planning and organising which is second to none.
The perfect candidate for this role will be someone that leads from the front and can take full responsibility for a project.
WHAT YOU WILL GET IN RETURN
Competitive salary rate plus excellent benefits. You will receive excellent skills, product and process training and a career path which will match the growth of your responsibilities and ambition. If you are a true team player and this is the exciting and diverse role you are looking for then apply now for a pending interview.
We operate a £1000 refer a friend scheme so if you aren't interested then recommend a friend and earn yourself £1000! Please enquire for further details.
For more information on the company please visit *************************
If this looks like the ideal role for you then please don't hesitate to contact Skai Townsend on ************* or **************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959455691