Internal Communications Specialist
Our client is a leading home furnishing brand with a vision is to create a better everyday life for their customers. Their business idea supports this vision by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at low prices so that as many people as possible will be able to afford them. They have an amazing brand and culture that gives their people autonomy and an opportunity to thrive in what is a dynamic and fast paced business. They have a number of stores across the UK and a large customer contact centre.
Due to continued growth and expansion they for an Internal Communications Specialist to be based in their contact centre operation in Peterborough. The role will involved some travel to the brands additional contact centres in Coventry and Sheffield. Reporting into the Deputy Contact Centre Manager the Internal Communications Specialist will drive sales growth and sustained long term profitability, by establishing and retaining a life long relationship with existing and new customers. This will be achieved by working in partnership with customers and other functions.
Role Responsibilities – Internal Communications Specialist
- To secure that IKEA is the first choice for home furnishing purchased within the local market and recognised as a responsible company taking care of its co-workers, the local community and the environment.
- Ensure that internal communication is used as a tool in leading the business and our people creating an open sharing climate where our co-workers are informed, the culture is a living reality and our co-worker satisfaction in recognised by our customers.
- Create awareness of the importance of communication as a tool for steering the business
- Work with the Contact Centre Manager to ensure that the internal communication media, local external media and local PR are supporting brand values and meeting brand standards in terms of tone of voice, visual and copy identity
- Work closely with the Contact Centre Management Team and the Unit Committee and use the feedback received from customers and co-workers to be able to improve local internal and external communication
- Undertake day to day responsibility for sourcing, editing and producing content for locally identified internal and external media.
- Support the organisation of events or forums for regular dialogue targeted at co-workers, customers, local press or representatives from the local community
- Work with the contact centre team to ensure you have a well informed team who can meet or exceed our business and customer needs and expectations.
Desired Skills – Internal Communications Specialist
- Ability to work independently as well as across teams and functions
- Logical and analytical approach and mind set
- Good understanding and experience of contact centres and the need for effective communications
- Ability to clearly communicate effectively and confidently and to prioritise and organise work
- Self resilient and motivated with proven ability to adapt approach to different situations
- High proficiency in Adobe In Design, Adobe Illustrator and other communication applications
- Be able to take complex information/data and turn it into easy to understand information
- Creative with the ability to put together and deliver presentations to the team
- A flexible approach that demonstrates commitment to get the job done
As our Internal Communications Specialist you will be a natural leader, authentic and self confident. With strong self belief you will lead by example and use your personal strengths to create a good working environment where you lead and inspire your co-workers to enhance the customer experience. Our aim is to motivate our customers to shop with us more frequently because they trust us to make their shopping experiences successful and their visits worthwhile as every customer counts.
Benefits - In return for your hard work and commitment our client offer a profit related bonus scheme and a number of additional benefits including medical, dental and pension scheme. You will also have a number of potential routes in terms of career progression with the brand.
Apply now to join us as our Internal Communications Specialist.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77506776