Management Accountant (Qualified - ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
This is a critical role that will have huge responsibility in the function. It will offer great potential to a candidate wishing to gain wider exposure to the broad range of areas in a finance function and experience in providing all aspects of financial support in a professional services organisation.
Leading professional services organisation, based in Hampshire.
Key areas of responsibility will be:
- Maintenance of the financial records of the firm (the role will have responsibility for the trial balance) and the production of management reports
- Management of month end and year end processes
- Leading the annual budgeting process, using Excel to model time, revenue and cost in each business unit
- Calculating and entering all accruals, prepayments, provisions, rent, depreciation, amortisation and other, similar journals.
- Calculating and invoicing rent to sub-tenants
- Checking payroll and making journal entries
- Liaising regularly with the budget holders to support their understanding of their budgets and track progress
- Preparing trial balance for audit purposes and day-to-day liaison with the external auditors
- Maintenance and preparation of regulatory returns including VAT, data for submission to industry surveys and National Statistics
- Management of financial controls within the department, including reviewing and testing of regular housekeeping activities, checks to ensure system balancing and reconciling key balances
- Providing and explaining regular and ad-hoc information across the firm for internal and external use
- Supporting key business activities such as forecasting and producing key performance statistics, as well as supporting ad-hoc projects and initiatives
- Being alert to opportunities for improving financial controls and efficiency in processes
- Ensuring our key processes and policies are documented in our Finance Manual
The successful Management Accountant (Qualified - ACA, ACCA or CIMA) is likely to be a finance professional with experience working in a finance function in a professional services environment. The successful Management Accountant (Qualified - ACA, ACCA or CIMA) will be looking for their next move on a path to gaining exposure to the full range of activities operated and managed in a finance function. The Management Accountant (Qualified - ACA, ACCA or CIMA) should be qualified and MUST have experience working in a professional services organisation.
The Management Accountant (Qualified - ACA, ACCA or CIMA) should ideally have/ be:
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience of management reporting and an interest in understanding business needs with a view to maximising effectiveness and efficiency in this area
- Experience of Elite Enterprise (or a similar financial system) with demonstrable skills in understanding the system, its structure and capabilities including reporting
- Organised and able to work independently. Able to manage their deliverables to a timetable while keeping others informed of issues and progress. Have an eye for detail and be able to quickly critically assess information
- Good verbal and written skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Experience of working directly with fee earners and the proven ability to build effective relationships with senior stakeholders in a law firm
- Proactive in their approach
- A thorough understanding of the full range of standard accounting practices within a progressive professional services company, to include knowledge of regulatory requirements in respect of VAT guidelines, Solicitors' Accounts Rules and Money Laundering Regulations
- Professional, personable and approachable but firm
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959511163