In-House VAT / Tax Assistant - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
An industry leading construction / manufacturing business in the Lancashire area is currently looking for an In-House VAT / Tax Assistant to join their prestigious organisation. This is a great opportunity to expand on your current knowledge, get a big brand name on your CV and, although they are ideally looking for someone full-time, there is an option for this to be a part time position.
Reporting into the Head of Tax, you will be responsible for providing timely, accurate reporting for VAT transactions and other tax reporting. This will be a fast-paced position with the opportunity to get involved in a variety of different tasks.
Responsibilities include, but won't be restricted to:
- Prepare UK VAT returns on a quarterly basis for six companies
- Prepare Ireland VAT return on a bi-monthly basis, for review by Group Tax Manager and wider finance team.
- Prepare monthly returns for RDCO, EC sales and Intrastat for group companies.
- Working with Group Tax Manager and tax advisors to resolve unusual VAT transactions for further investigation
- Provide support for ad hoc enquiries relating to indirect taxes
- Assist Group Tax Manager in compiling information to support other tax submissions (eg; corporation tax returns)
- Ad hoc queries resolved on a timely basis
The successful candidate will have experience of compiling information for VAT returns and associated information (eg; Intrastat and EC sales data). You must also have an awareness of fundamental VAT rules and be able to communicate effectively with other staff members. On top of this, you will need a good working knowledge of using Microsoft Excel (e.g. V-look-ups, Pivot tables etc)
Up to £25,000 + benefits + option for part-time work if necessary.
If you are interested in developing your experience alongside an industry leading team in a big-brand business then please apply immediately for more information.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959510854