Test and Commissioning Engineer
Test and Commissioning Engineer
Main purpose of post:-
This key customer facing position requires a highly motivated & hands-on technically competent individual to ensure that products are installed, commissioned & validated in accordance with requirements (including time, technical / functional & commercial compliance). The role also involves providing reactive / maintenance support, including out-of-hours provision as part of a support rota programme. The ability to work in accordance with Company, client & legislative procedures & to fully support excellent working practices (including health, safety & environmental excellence) is essential.
The position involves travel & considerable working on-site in addition to close customer liaison, which requires a positive \"can do\" attitude.
The key objectives of the appointment are to:-
1. As directed by the associated work planner / manager, undertake site installation, commissioning, training, hand-over, start-up & repair / diagnostic activities.
2. Liaise with internal & external stakeholders during the course of your duties in order to satisfy project needs & deliver stakeholder satisfaction. Issues to communicate include, but are not limited to time, commercial, technical, functional, safety & quality matters. Advise stakeholders of any potential issues at the earliest opportunity.
3. Review all the relevant documentation contained in the 'Commissioning Pack' including, but not limited to: The Functional Design Specification (FDS); Test Plan (where applicable); Input / Output Schedule; System Architecture, & Software Application Revision. Ensure that you are sufficiently versed regarding the requirements, & where possible, validate the accuracy of the information supplied.
4. Fully & accurately complete all relevant documentation in line with Company procedures & the requirements of the Project / customer. Complete test certificates, as commissioned documentation & fault sheets relating to each Contract.
5. Maintain a 'site diary' detailing activities & key events during the course of your activities. Share the diary with your work planner / manager as required.
6. Where testing is applicable (such as Acceptance Tests), ensure that this is undertaken diligently, safely & in accordance with agreed procedures & schedules.
7. Investigate any non-compliance & repair (if possible) & / or liaise with the respective department (such as Systems Integration Team) to remedy any faults identified. Corrections must be tested in line with respective procedures / standards.
8. Regularly update the nominated work planner / manager regarding your progress.
9. Ensure that the site, equipment & vehicles are exceptionally clean, maintained & orderly. In particular, ensure that test equipment, tools, apparatus & cabling do not present a hazard. Where applicable, barrier-off areas & ensure that only authorised & competent persons are present within the work area.
10. Demonstrate strong & effective inter-personal & communication skills & the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients & personnel. Work diligently & provide exceptional customer service.
11. Attend customer's sites whenever required always upholding the Company's Culture & Values. Undertake factory-based activities (i.e. Norwich or any other location the Company deems appropriate) when there is no requirement to attend site.
12. Ensure that weekly timesheets & expenses are accurate, in line with procedures & submitted in a timely manner.
13. Participate in the support rota programme & respond where applicable to agreed response schedules / agreements.
14. Ensure full compliance with the Company's Business Assurance Standards in all relevant reporting, documentation, record keeping & procedures.
15. Fully support excellent working practices, including: a. Health, safety & environmental compliance. b. Team behaviour. c. Housekeeping. d. Continuous improvement. e. Compliance with the Company's Business Assurance System.
Experience, attainments & other aptitudes:-
Experience in the field of testing / commissioning of PLC / HMI / SCADA System Hardware & Software. This will include the knowledge of the various communication PLC / HMI / SCADA protocols & an understanding of PLC / HMI / SCADA testing techniques & methods.
Ability to interpret electrical drawing & sound fault diagnostic skills.
Excellent hands-on craft skills.
Excellent Health & Safety awareness.
Experience within the Automotive, Food & Beverage & / or Water & Waste industries.
Mechanical fitting skills / competence.
Official / prior certifications, such as NICEIC.
Educated to a minimum of an ONC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
UK Driving License.
HNC in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or equivalent
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist engineering & manufacturing recruitment company based in Norfolk
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959501996