Creates user information solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining Java based components and interfaces.
- Defines site objectives by analysing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Designs and develops user interfaces to internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Integrates applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Creates multimedia applications by using authoring tools.
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations.
- Enhances organisation reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Java, Java Applets, Web Programming Skills, Teamwork, Verbal Communication, Web User Interface Design, Software Requirements, Software Development Process, Object-Oriented Design (OOD), Multimedia Content Development, Software Debugging Qualifications.
- Extensive experience of Java development with spring framework, hibernate, JPA, quartz in a commercial environment
- Jetty and SmartFox application servers
- Comfortable using Linux, ssh, puppet, hiera, maven, Jenkins, sonarqube, bash.
- Testing: junit, dbunit, xmlunit, jsonassert.
- Databases: Basic and advanced SQL, MySQL, redis. Diagnosing database performance issues.
- Experience with large data migrations.
- Extensive experience and understanding of online slot and bingo games
- Agile development: JIRA and Confluence.
- Producing and consuming REST and SOAP web services with jersey, spring, JAX-WS and JAX-RS.
- Caching with spring caching and guava.
Location: London, SE1
Application close date: 5th December 2017
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959486288