Accounts Assistant - General Ledger
General Ledger Consultant
Location: Tingley (Wakefield)
Salary: £19500 + 5% flexible benefits package
We are looking for an individual with reconciliation and ledger experience to work in our General Ledger Team. You will be responsible for your own allocation of clients and working closely with them on preparing and reviewing balance sheet control accounts and ensuring the month end process is as smooth as possible. You will prepare pension, tax and NIs ready for payment.
To succeed in this role, you should have: a solid understanding of the basic accounting principles, practice and terminology; good skills with Excel; good communication and interpersonal skills; able to interface with other team members and external contacts; good telephone manner; analytical and problem solving skills and good organisational skills.
- Prepare and review monthly Interim & Final Reconciliation Packs
- Prepare and initiate monthly payroll deduction pay overs
- Run reports, extract data and analyse the data, as the service requires, often using spreadsheets and statistical techniques
- Respond to, and resolve queries, taking action as appropriate and identify any preventative measures
- Support line manager and team members (training/coaching)
- Prioritise workloads
- Ensure that agreed timescales are adhered to
- Comply with regulatory requirements where applicable
- Understanding of basic accounting principles, practice and terminology
- Process Improvement experience
- Experience of writing training notes
- Good knowledge of Excel to intermediate level
- Good personality and able to interface with other team members and external contacts along with client facing experience
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Identify improvements opportunities
- AAT qualified or working towards
- Capital Accountancy experience
- Asset reconciliation experience
Established in 2005, we are now the UK's leading provider of business services to the NHS, which include Finance & Accounting, Procurement and Employment Services. We currently work with 100% of the NHS Commissioning organisations and over a third of NHS Trusts, providing a high level of governance and accountability for around £100 billion of NHS spend annually. We also provide a full range of solutions for NHS Provider organisations, ensuring cost improvements and efficiency savings, as well as improved data management and reporting.
NHS SBS is a unique joint venture between the Department of Health and Sopra Steria. Our mission is delivering £1 billion savings back to the NHS by 2020 and we have already delivered audited savings of over £350m. We provide cost improvements of around 30% for our clients, as well as providing added value solutions.
Find out more
Visit the NHS SBS website and the NHS SBS LinkedIn company page.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959495087