4th Line Technical Escalations Engineer
Updata, a part of Capita is looking for a Senior Technical Escalation Engineer to join our busy, fast paced team based in Reigate.
About Capita | Updata
Capita Updata is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions.
We provide a range of networking and connectivity services to public and private sector clients and have a reputation for excellent service combined with an innovative approach to achieving best value for its clients. We have a strong reputation across the public sector as a provider of IT networks that help schools, councils and health bodies deliver improved services.
The Technical Escalations Engineer will be working in a growing team of NOC engineers within the technical Network Operations Centre. The role involves resolving highly complex network / system faults as well as implementing customer requests on Firewalls, DNS, Proxy, Hosted Email, web filtering platforms and Complex Network Environments.
The engineer will need to be a team player, hardworking, methodical and able to accurately and consistently document their completed works. They must be able to multi task and have a positive "can do" attitude with an effective eye for detail.
- Provide 3line network and network security support to all customers for both faults and service requests
- Ensure 95% of faults are carried out
- Deliver Customer Service Excellence
- Adhere to strict Service Level Agreements for fault resolutions and service requests completions.
- Identify, liaise and manage any escalated faults with 3rd party suppliers for major incidents or network improvements eg Cisco TAC
- Ensure that the customer is kept informed of the progress of incidents/service requests and the internal systems are kept updated regularly
- Manage tickets to meet Key Performance Indicators.
- CCNP qualification or level
- CCNA Security qualification or level
- Excellent communication skills supporting both customers and peers of varying levels of technical ability
- Firewall experience for both troubleshooting and changes (Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, Cisco FWSM, Juniper)
- Extensive experience of Routing Protocols incl. BGP & OSPF
- Experience supporting and maintaining load balancers (including F5 & Cisco ACE)
- Extensive experience with TCP/IP protocols
- In depth knowledge of Ethernet/L2 switching
- Experience of WAN/LAN infrastructure support
- Experience with SNMP monitoring products
- Access technologies including SHDSL, ADSL, Wi-Fi etc.
- Experience working in an ITIL environment and adhering to strict SLA's
- Able to learn and adapt quickly
- Able to be self-managed, whilst still working as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- SC Clearance (or ability to achieve)
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959494672