Matlab Simulink Software Engineer
as the Matlab Simulink software engineer you will be responsible for defining and integrating the next generation of hardware and software platform for my clients High Voltage DC control Systems.
Global Utilities company with newly refurbished offices in Stafford are actively seeking a Matlab Simulink Software engineer to join a a muti cultural team working in an Agile way following SCRUM methodology
Member of a multi-discipline engineering team to meet the project requirements throughout its life cycle.
* Full responsibility for wide area of software design work.
* Implement software QA activities, incl. code reviews, take part in project milestone and software release reviews, use of TDD-techniques.
* Prepare formal and informal engineering documentation (e.g. reports, specs, technical notes).
* Take part in the development and deployment of engineering processes, working methods and best practices within the Department.
* Enforcement of engineering discipline and set processes across all work tasks and adherence to company policies, quality procedures and work instructions (e.g. through trainings, technical reviews).
* Report or resolve any non-conformances in a timely manner.
Degree Qualified in an Engineering Discipline ideally with a software content or equivalent knowledge & experience.
* Experience as Software Engineer / Senior Software Engineer
* Software development and software project delivery processes.* Knowledge and experience in Agile development practices (e.g. Scrum).
* Knowledge and experience in safety critical and/or control system software development practices (e.g. IEC 61508, IEC 62304).* Test Driven Design techniques (e.g. CI/Continuous Integration, Unit Testing, automated regression testing).
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
* Effective problem identification and solution skills.
* Proven analytical and organizational ability.
* Conceptual understanding of full stack of software and in-depth experience in more than one area (e.g. firmware, middleware, control algorithm).
* Knowledge of HVDC
* Knowledge of Power Electronics control system design
* Model-Based Design techniques (Matlab-Simulink)
* Software architecture and modelling (e.g. UML, SysML)
This Matlab Simulink software Engineer role based in Stafford is on offer with a salary of £45,000 - £60,000
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959512009