This is an exciting opportunity to join collaborative art studio Random International, to play a leading role in the development of complex and highly technical interactive art works and projects for international museums and galleries. The position requires excellent technical ability in the fields of mechatronics and embedded systems, and requires an individual with a pragmatic approach who is able to realise concepts in a physically engaging and innovative way.
The Mechatronics Engineer will design, develop, and implement robotic and automation solutions for the studio's various interactive and physically engaging art works. The Mechatronics Engineer will work closely with the project teams to design systems that meet the complex and intricate requirements of each project.
The role is based in our new premises in South London and will require occasional international travel for installations and site visits.
Desirable qualities in a successful applicant include:
- A post graduate degree in robotics, mechatronics, embedded systems or related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with development of integrated electro-mechanical systems, firmware
- development and simulation of robotic systems
- An ability to multitask while maintaining attention to detail and deadlines
- Team oriented and a ability to work independently
- Creative-thinking and problem-solving skills
- An ability to learn new technologies
- A self-motivated approach to work
- Be able to take designs from prototyping into production using a variety of manufacturing techniques as dictated by the constraints of a project
- Able to validate designs using simulation tools as a part of the design process
- Carefully document process and development work
About Random International
Random International is a collaborative studio for experimental practice within contemporary art. Founded in 2005 by Hannes Koch and Florian Ortkrass, the studio now includes a larger team in London (and Berlin). Questioning aspects of identity and autonomy in the post-digital age, Random International?s work invites active participation.
Please email your CV and a cover letter (in a single PDF document) outlining your relevant experience, and provide details of two referees. Your email subject should be ?Mechatronics Engineer?. We are looking for someone to start immediately and may start interviewing candidates before the application closing date.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959501816