Engineering Manager - Web Tribe Lead West London
Disrupting the Industry! This ecommerce company, officially still a Start-up, are busy disrupting their particular industry and are currently winning awards both for the business and individuals within the business.
With your help, they want to continue building an incredible business.
Following recent large VC investment they are now scaling up to a large tech organisation delivering across multiple scrum teams and channels... using the Squads and Tribes methodology.
To do this they are looking for an Engineering Manager/ Web Tribe Team lead to join them and working very closely with the VP Engineering & Technical Architect, this tribe will be your baby!
Currently compromising 2 cross functional squads each with 5 people in, with a view to growing this to 4 squads in the next 12 months. (essentially meaning you will be responsible for appx 20 people)
As Web Tribe Team Lead you will providing the delivery focus and people leadership for the whole tribe, in conjunction with the Technical Architect who will be providing Technical Leadership.
Main Responsibility of the Web Tribe is Improving and maintaining the Customer Facing website along with focussing on metrics of retention and acquisition of customers
You will grow the teams and people through mentoring, feedback and coaching, championing good engineering practices, caring about your tribe and providing an extraordinary working environment.
- An experienced People Manager in a Head of Engineering/Dev Manager/Engineering Manager role currently looking after a cross functional team of 8-12 people - this role will provide you with the opportunity to grow with your team but you need to 'hit the ground running'
- An authority in Agile Methodologies.
- Never satisfied with the Status Quo and flourish seeing your team?s performance improve
- Understand the balance between short and long-term delivery.
- Entrepreneurially minded and care as much about customers as about the technology you are working with!
- Experienced working in a dynamic environment, relishing the challenges that each new day bring
Benefits include pension, healthy snacks, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, Gym Membership, Discounted product and testing the product before rollout, Holiday purchase option and 10% friday to work on own projects technology or otherwise related to the role or company...!
You MUST be eligible to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959513112