Mechanical Design Engineer
Our client is a leading manufacturer supplying goods to the healthcare, pharmaceutical, and research sectors. Their products are sold to a wide customer base both in the UK and overseas markets.
On their behalf TRF Technical are recruiting for a motivated and enthusiastic Mechanical Design Engineer to join their busy Technical Department. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, capable of developing new ideas from Concept through into production.
Key duties will include:
- Designing Products from Concept through to production release
- Work within a multi-disciplined development team environment
- Work on New Product Development from a given specification to agreed timescales
- Designing Electro/Mechanical and Pneumatic/Mechanical systems
- To generate detailed general assembly drawings and Bill of materials ensuring they are to the agreed standards and within specification
- Generate comprehensive component specifications and designs
- To reduce product costs by re-designing existing products, including designing new components and / or assembly processes
- Assist production engineering when requested
- To collaborate fully with production engineering on new product launch
- Design testing criteria
Along with a strong mechanical design background the successful candidate will have the following skills and experience;
- Excellent working knowledge of Solidworks (2016)
- Design of sheet metal / fabricated components and assemblies
- Design for Assembly & Design for Manufacture (DFA/DFM)
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
In addition to the above additional consideration will be given to candidates with the following desirable skills and experience:
- Pipe work assemblies, pneumatic assemblies
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD LT and / or Draftsight
- Working to codes & standards like PD5500, BS EN 13445, BS3970, PED, ISO 9001
- Rapid prototype experience
Hours of work are 37 per week and the role offers a competitive basic salary along with benefits including 33 days holiday entitlement, PRP, Company pension and Free parking.
To apply, in confidence, and for more information, please send your CV to Chris Chambury at TRF Technical, a specialist division of the Recruitment Fix.
Please note that we receive a high volume of applications. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959494681