Accounts Payable Specialist
Terex Corporation is a global business leader that manufactures a broad range of equipment for use in various industries, including the construction, infrastructure, quarrying, recycling, surface mining, transportation, refining, utility and maintenance industries. Terex operates in three business segments throughout the world: Aerial Work Platforms, Cranes and Materials Processing.
About Global Business Services (GBS)
GBS UK is a shared service centre based in Lurgan, Co Armagh. We work as part of a worldwide structure supporting Terex entities in the UK, Europe, Australia and the US. GBS is responsible for a range of financial functions including General Ledger Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Business Tax, Travel and Expenses and Payroll.
About the Position:
Job Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
Job Location: Lurgan, Northern Ireland
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time - 37.75 hours per week
Department: Global Business Services (GBS)
Reports to: Accounts Payable Team Lead
The Accounts Payable Specialist will perform accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions. Opportunities for European travel are available.
- Perform daily transactional activities as part of a large team.
- Perform automatic payment processing and distribution
- Adhere to Sarbanes- Oxly (Sox) and internal controls in line with company standards
- Work towards company key metrics
- Deal with emails/phone calls to target resolving all queries
- Provide a high level of customer service to internal and external parties
Required Education & Experience
- Must be educated to a minimum of GCSE level or equivalent including Maths & English.
- Fluency in the German, Italian or Spanish languages is preferable but not essential.
- Must have experience of working with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, etc.).
- Ideally the successful candidate will have experience of Oracle or a similar accounting software.
- Previous experience in an Accounts Payable department with proven experience processing high volumes of transactions would be desirable though not essential.
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment - shared services experience would be advantageous.
Skills & Competencies
- Highest ethics and integrity
- Strong Interpersonal and Customer communication skills
- Flexible to new ideas and ways of accomplishing tasks
- Functional knowledge of the accounts payable process
- Data Entry skills
- Analytical skills
- Highly organized and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment
This above description is non-exhaustive and there may be additional duties in accordance with the role.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role within a demanding and growing environment.
Must be a team player able to demonstrate strong customer focus with the energy, drive, and commitment to successfully work through any and all issues and objectives related to this role and that of the overall team.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959447931