InterSystems provides the information engines that power some of the world?s most important applications. In healthcare, finance, government, and other sectors where lives and livelihoods are at stake, InterSystems has been a strategic technology provider since 1978. InterSystems is a privately held company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA), with offices worldwide, and its software products are used daily by millions of people in more than 100 countries. For more information about InterSystems, the Cache database, Ensemble, HealthShare, TrakCare and more, please visit ****************
In response to growing market demand, InterSystems established a Hosted Services organization in 2015 to enable the delivery of fully managed and hosted TrakCare and other healthcare related solutions. With two established data center locations and several contracts in the pipeline, Hosted Services is expected to continue to grow significantly through 2017 and beyond.
In support of this growth, we are now looking for a Network Engineer to work within our Hosting Services team to oversee the ongoing delivery, administration and security compliance of the network infrastructure underpinning our hosted services. You will need Cisco certification and F5 experience, full details:
Network Engineer (Hosting) - Responsibilities
- Provide expert-level support for the network infrastructure that underpins our data center based services.
- Ensure that network service levels are monitored, reviewed and reported on a regular basis, and that the necessary steps are taken to resolve any issues or negative trends that may be identified.
- Ensure that network and related activities are completed within agreed timelines and/or in line with agreed schedules.
- Work with technical architects, project managers and other stakeholders to identify, assess, select and present appropriate network solutions for their needs.
- Develop, implement and test disaster recovery and/or network fail-over plans as required.
- Maintain operational acceptance criteria for network solutions to be supported by the hosting team, and work with the appropriate delivery teams to ensure that these are met before transition into production.
- Ensure that network and associated service components under management are monitored 24x7 for availability, capacity and performance.
- Monitor and report on network capacity across all network elements, and pro-actively identify and address potential issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure that agreed network and access processes are followed and, in particular, that events, incidents and requests are dealt with in a timely manner using the appropriate operational processes and tools.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with network and related security policies
- Ensure that network and related solutions are documented, including network diagrams, ?as-built? configurations, IP address data, and support procedures e.g. ?how to fail-over a connection?, etc.
- Maintain good relationships with other team members, other teams, customers and suppliers in order to maximize team working and collaboration.
- Continue to look for ways that the service can be improved and, where agreed, lead or assist with the implementation of service improvements. In particular, focus on service automation opportunities in line with the wider hosted services strategy and available tools; continue to optimize performance, efficiency and utilization.
- Provide consultation to customers and stakeholders on in-life customer solutions.
- Provide 24x7 support as part of the wider hosting operations team.
Experience & Qualifications
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience of configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining Cisco networking equipment in a data center environment, ideally using Cisco Nexus switches and Cisco ASA firewalls.
- Good network design and management skills and experience, including setting up firewall rules, dynamic routing, load balancing, intrusion detection and prevention, setting up remote access and site-to-site VPNs.
- Good experience of following ITIL processes in a 24x7 operations environment with tight SLA and security compliance requirements.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of configuring, troubleshooting and supporting F5 LTM and GTM load balancers.
- Good client and relationship management ability with excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Able to demonstrate flexibility, motivation as well as excellent problem solving and team working
- Knowledge of service monitoring and alerting (Nagios, Cacti preferred).
- Knowledge of configuration management (Puppet preferred).
- Ability to manage 3rd party vendors e.g. EMC, Cisco
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category.
To apply for the Network Engineer role within Hosting Services, please click on the apply button.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959444001