Engine Test Engineer
The Engine Test Engineer is responsible for liaising with department customers to plan testing activities within the engine test facility. Supports shift patterns planning and monitor staffing levels to meet the testing requirements. Works flexibly to provide technical support for the set-up and execution of testing activities. Supports the test team to maximise results quality and maximise productivity. A highly flexible approach to working practices and problem solving is essential.
1. Planning of testing activities and shift patterns
a. Liaise with customers to determine testing requirements
b. Develop and maintain test plan
c. Supports definition of shift patterns and overtime requirements to meet testing requirements
d. Act as situational leader of the team during tests execution
2. Technical definition and delivery of testing
a. Obtain test specifications from Powertrain Engineers in Crewe, Germany or requesting area and ensure Engine Test Facility is capable of meeting specification. Work with engineers to develop specification of new or modified tests.
b. Provide daily technical support guidance to Test team in the set up and execution of tests
c. Create test programmes using suitable software system to control test progress, with agreed warning and shutdown parameters and data acquisition.
d. Examine any problems with engine or rig running, using available tools including to analyse faults and find root causes. Ensure problems are resolved using own skills, engineering workshop electricians, maintenance dept., and calibration engineers as appropriate.
e. Mentor test team in best practice for use of equipment and results analysis
f. Be responsible for test cell efficiency
3. Administration of work requests and recharges
a. Administer approved work requests that arrive
b. Recharge consumable used and track recharges
4. Analysis of test results to ensure quality
a. Provide feedback to engineer on test progress
b. Analysis of test results to ensure quality (assigned internal and/or external tests)
5. Ensuring equipment is in Calibration
a. Maintain database of all calibrated equipment within the department
b. Use department or external resource to perform equipment calibration
c. Administration of calibration records
Is a leading Automotive manufacturer with a reputation for outstanding quality the world over. With demand increasing and an upturn in production, there is a need to bring further skills into the business to deliver on current and future projects.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* 3 to 5 years' experience of working within an Engine Testing environment
* Proven experience of leading test activities and providing direction to more junior members of staff
* Ability to work within the team on own initiative and liaise with all levels of management.
* Ability to work within a technical environment and communicate effectively with all members of the team.
* Ability to work with other departments within the business and facilitate communication with the team.
PRACTICAL & TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
* Significant experience of Engine Test technology and methods, including mechanical and electronic systems. Specific knowledge of control systems including AVL PUMA preferred
* Specific experience of deriving and setting up test sequences and monitoring test status
* Detailed working knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access for Applications.
* Degree in appropriate Engineering dis
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959507734