Avionic Lead Technician
Avionic Lead Technician
Salisbury, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Boeing has a long tradition of aerospace leadership and innovation. We continue to expand our product line and services to meet emerging customer needs. Our broad range of capabilities includes creating new, more efficient members of our commercial airplane family; integrating military platforms, defence systems and the warfighter through network-centric operations; creating advanced technology solutions that reach across business units; e-enabling airplanes and providing connectivity on moving platforms; and arranging financing solutions for our customers
The Avionic Lead Technician will form part of a MRO modification team.
Electrical/Avionics trained aircraft technician to carry out servicing, maintenance, repair, modification and testing of Chinook CH47 aircraft. The Candidate should have completed a recognized Aircraft Electrical/Avionics apprenticeship or military equivalent, with a NVQ level 3 or equivalent level qualification. Ideally you will have experience of working on Chinook or other Rotary wing aircraft. Individual needs to be experienced working with Military Publications and attended Q type training on the Chinook or other Rotary platform. Candidate should be highly knowledgeable in the selection and use of all required tools of the trade. Experience of fibre optic and databus systems and knowledge of removal and installation of both unwired and wired contact is preferred for this position. Candidate should be capable in the use of test equipment necessary to functionally test electrical systems. Candidate must have strong working knowledge of reading wire routing and termination diagrams and technical manuals. Candidate should be able to use the above knowledge to perform proper modifications and adhere to general shop practices (FOD control, tool control, health & safety & COSHH ).
Carry out inspections of completed maintenance activities to ensure satisfaction of airworthiness requirements. Lead others to perform tasks associated with aircraft safe handling (e.g. jacking, towing, system operations). Candidate will provide training and mentoring to others. Candidate will be responsible to ensure established process adherence, accurate and timely work recording and contractual/regulatory compliance. Candidate must be able to work under minimal supervision with limited direction.
- Leads the assembly disassembly and modification of systems by overseeing the change, removal, replacement or upgrade of aerospace vehicle components to correct failures or implement changes
- Oversees assembly disassembly or overhaul
- Configures aerospace vehicles and bench test equipment
- Directs troubleshooting of complex pneumatic hydraulic and electrical systems to isolate mechanical or electrical faults and repair faulty components
- Oversees validation/verification testing of systems and components
- Documents procedures and established processes to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance (e.g. repairs test results applicable modifications and inspection results)
- Inspects components and verifies repairs for flight worthiness requirements. Leads and supervises others to perform tasks associated with the safe handling of an aerospace vehicle (e.g. jacking towing system operations)
- Provides training and mentors others
- Works under minimal direction
- Ideally you will have extensive experience working on Boeing Aircraft platforms and be familiar with Boeing specifications and drawing.
- Have experience leading a team of aircraft technicians
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959513148