PROJECT ENGINEER (Maintenance)
Project Engineer (Maintenance)
£33k to £36k (DOE) + excellent benefits
With a history and pedigree spanning almost a century, my client is in the enviable position of working with some of the world's most successful food companies.
By adapting to an ever-changing industry, they've been responsible for developing new methods and for bringing technology to the forefront of new product development.
Due to a period of significant growth they are now looking to build their established team and take the company into the next phase in their impressive growth and to ensure that they are able to continue to service their customers' engineering needs to the highest levels.
As a Project Engineer (Maintenance) you will be responsible for:
- Planning and introducing projects within the manufacturing site.
- Specifying and delivering project based solutions from initial concept through to completion including assessment, contractor supervision and handover.
- Ensuring new equipment and systems are fully integrated into the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Keeping the site drawings up to date (including equipment, services and buildings
- Managing a register of approved contractors
- Managing the equipment asset register
You'll also be:
- Able to work from a project brief and manage projects to set budgets and timescales
- Liaising with suppliers to obtain quotes and details on each project
- Managing the introduction of new equipment and gain buy in from the site team
- Responsible for ensuring that manuals, drawings and critical spare parts are available, along with a full planned maintenance program
In order to be considered for this Project Engineer (Maintenance) role it is expected that you will have:
- Recognised industry qualifications within Engineering, Food Processing, Chemical or Pharmaceutical industries
- Experience of Project Engineering (£5k to £500k type projects)
- Experience within the food industry or similar high hygiene environments (Pharmaceutical / Medical / etc.)
Technical knowledge of:
- Process equipment
- Production lines
- Process vessels / Liquids handling
- Sound experience of AutoCAD (LT) design package
- Extensive experience of the usual Microsoft office packages (Word / Excel etc.)
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written) and ability to deal with all levels of stakeholder (shop floor / suppliers / installation teams etc.)
It would also be useful (but not a deal breaker) if you also had experience of:
- Experience of computerised maintenance systems (CMMS)
- Maintenance of manufacturing machinery (in order to discuss with maintenance teams)
In addition to working with a progressive company, you will be rewarded with;
- A good salary based on your skills and experience
- An excellent contributory pension (3% / 6%)
- 30 days holiday per year (22+8) which will increase with service
- Good working conditions and career development opportunities
If you'd like to discuss this position before applying please call John Ryan on ************
Reed Specialist Recruitment is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and temporary recruitment. In response to your application Reed will contact you by phone, email or SMS to discuss it and related opportunities. You can opt out at any time using the links provided.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959491305