Mechanical Design Engineer
Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Type of Role: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Base Salary: £30k-£40k depending upon experience
- Engineering Manufacturing Business
- Working hours Monday - Thursday: 8.30am to 5.00pm and Friday 8.30am to lunchtime
Responsibility of the Role:
- Product Design and Engineering CI duties
- Project Planning and Management
- Use 2D & 3D (Solidworks)
- Specifications review and taking appropriate action.
- Perform and document calculations to prove design durability.
- Statistical analysis & mathematical calculations
- Assisting with design of test-rigs and product testing
- Lead D-FMEA process
- Minimum 2.2 Honours Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Proven experience within a mechanical / product design environment including 3D CAD.
- Proven experience of low - medium volume manufacturing process (CNC machining, casting, fabrication, moulding etc.).
- Data management systems
- Material properties for plastic materials & design for plastic injection moulding
- Proven experience in DFMEA, FEA techniques
- Hydraulics & hydraulic mechanism familiarity
- Ideally 5 years relatable experience
Please contact Susannah
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959513558