General Showroom Manager
Wren Kitchens are a family owned manufacturer, installer and retailer of fitted kitchens and the UK's number 1 kitchen retail specialist. We're passionate about kitchens and in providing a great service for our customers. We have 65 stunning showrooms across the UK and due to our continued success, we will be opening several more over the next few years.
As part of our expansion plan, we are now looking for a General Manager to join us within the Kent area to train and develop, in preparation for the next showroom opening. You'll provide general management support to the team in your nearest showroom and drive the delivery of exceptional customer experience and sales performance. You will be expected to take responsibility for the success of the showroom by leading and motivating the team to achieve their personal sales targets and objectives.
Kitchen industry experience isn't essential as we provide full training when you join. Your focus will be to take in as much knowledge about Wren and our processes, so you can be a a fully trained leader, when your new showroom opens. To start your learning journey, you'll be enrolled onto our 6-Month Management Induction Programme. You'll begin in the showroom, learning about our products and our systems and completing an e-learning course. After that, we'll send you to our purpose-built Training Academy for a short while, where you'll receive some intensive face to face kitchen and management training to prepare you for managing your team. You'll complete the full training programme, alongside your management role.
As this role is about learning to become a General Manager in one of our brand new showrooms, you may also be invited to spend some time in showrooms a little bit further from your local one. Overnight accommodation will be available.
You'll need to be driven and ambitious to achieve your targets, whilst providing an exceptional customer journey. This is a fast-paced sales management role, where you'll lead your team in achieving the required leads and appointments, so you'll also need to have sales and management experience for this role. You'll probably have experience in a role such as Branch Manager, Showroom Manager, Store Manager or other management related role.
Here are more details about what our General Managers do at Wren:
Critical purpose of role:
- To deliver exceptional customer experience; from initial engagement through to delivery or completed installation
- To manage retail showroom team to deliver expected sales targets & service standards
- To ensure Wren values are adhered to throughout the showroom & to develop skills across the team
- Manage end to end customer experience; Wren sales model, engagement, qualification, design, delivery and installation
- Managing and coaching in the showroom team to deliver; sales/KPI targets, service standards, showroom presentation standards, process compliance & company values by being an inspirational leader within the showroom
- HR; Conducting regular 1-2-1s, Performance Development reviews with the showroom team & interviewing / recruiting as required
- Working with Installation Managers to ensure service standards of fitters and installations in general are maintained
- Working with the Assistant General Manager to identify individual training requirements across the showroom team
- Communicating with customers to ensure they are happy with service, products & installation
- Managing lead bank, generating appointments & managing outstanding quotes to ensure sales are converted
- Allocating web, telephone and walk in customers to designers
- Supporting showroom team with escalations and issue resolution where required
- Conducting daily team briefings to ensure showroom team is aware of all relevant information from HQ & locally
- Mandatory: Basic IT skills, 3-5 years retail experience or service led sales experience, 1-2 years managing a team
- Desired: HND or Equivalent, design experience
Some Benefits of Working for Us
- Fantastic pay - best pay package in the kitchen sector
- Amazing perks & benefits - free Tastecard, half price cinema tickets, discounts off high street shopping
- Great career opportunities with ongoing expert training and ambitious expansion plans
- Amazing incentives during our peak seasons
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959499473