Salary: Market rate
Reporting to: Product Manager
Hunter Macdonald are currently looking for an experienced .Net Developer to push forward development activities and help deliver optimum solutions to our clients. Based in Derby, this is a great opportunity to join one of the most exciting, innovative, prestigious and forward thinking technology enabled organisations in the UK.
- Provide support expertise and problem management ownership to resolution for a wide range of applications used be internal and external customers.
- Mentor and train junior support members. Help to organise / schedule updates and revisions of existing systems, both bespoke and COTS, provide document management and support best practices.
- The role will support the transition and ongoing delivery of services for one of the UK's most exciting development programmes.
- 3rd line support will be expected to accurately identify, resolve, escalate and record IT problems via the ITSM Remedy tool, phone and email.
- Respond to and resolve 3rd line Application incidents and requests in order to maintain/exceed contracted service levels.
- Be aware of and push achievement of KPI's and SLA, OLA.
- Regularly communicate with the users and wider Managed Service team to keep them updated and informed.
- Ensure a proactive approach to providing excellent customer service is maintained.
- Understand the application service design and deliver proactive service improvements.
- Maintain accurate service and incident records.
Essential experience, knowledge and background required
- Strong working knowledge of Agile project delivery
- Strong understanding of SOA principles and integration approach for messages, orchestrations, business rule and business monitoring
- Excellent working knowledge / development experience of .NET and C# and related technologies.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- Demonstrable hands on developing, debugging and testing of a wide range of development technologies
- Web API Web Services and SQL Server 2014 Development and above.
- Experience of ITSM tool use and configuration, ideally Remedy
- ITIL v3 experience / knowledge
- Candidate must be currently or willing and eligible to achieve SC Clearance
Beneficial experience, knowledge and background
- Experience in BizTalk and related technologies
- Some experience of as many of the following - Experience in SiteCore / GlassMapper / MVC Widgets. K2, MVC
- EF6, JQuery / CSS, WCF
- Familiarity with PSN / Service Provider Gateway integration.
- Good knowledge of IIS, Team Foundation Server
- Understanding of SOA principles and integration approach for messages, orchestrations, business rule and business monitoring
- Experience of Remedy ITSM tool use and configuration
- Transition experience in Government / secure systems
Hunter Macdonald is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the UK, recognised for disrupting the marketplace and helping to transform the IT sector.
We deliver IT Transformation and Delivery services to some of the most well-known organisations in the world and can count 18% of the FTSE 100 as clients, delivering services across a number of different sectors.
Hunter Macdonald have ambitious growth plans for the next few years and will continue to win and deliver multi-million pound projects, offering a fantastic opportunity for all permanent members of staff to grow with us and carve out a challenging, successful and rewarding career.
If you are interested in being a part of our continued success please let us know. if you are not successful in this opportunity we will keep your CV on our database for review against future opportunities'.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959492517