Excellent opportunity for a Project Engineer to join an innovative company to work on their R&D programme.
Based in Swansea my client are an innovative business who develop, manufacture and distribute their award winning product both in the the UK and Globally.
The Project Engineer will contribute to an exciting R&D programme of work in collaboration with Swansea University. The work of the team encompasses materials and production innovation and will touch on cutting edge process development with technology such as robotics and automation, rapid manufacture and design for extreme mechanical performance all in scope.
- Detailed delivery of mechanical and materials specifications for R&D Design of parts and fixtures for testing
- Involvement with mechanical and environmental testing
- Analysis and reporting of results
- Desk research on state of the art sensors, materials and processes
- Liaison with University team of academics and Post Doctoral engineers
- Liaison with materials and componentry suppliers
- Research into capital equipment and production technology
- Liaison with other technologists in the fields of high powered laser processing
In order to be considered as Project Engineer you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Ideally Degree qualified, most likely Mechanical Engineering
- Ability to liaise with University staff as well as commercial staff and engineers within the company
- Experience of mechanical design and testing
- 3D CAD experience essential - Solidworks experience desirable
- Excellent coordination skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- 3+ years of related engineering experience
- Strong desire for personal and professional development
- A self-starter with energy and drive
- A strong written & verbal communicator
- Strong technical, interpersonal and organisational skills
- High grade analytical and report writing skills
- A keen eye for detail
Excellent salary on offer.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959509099