SQL Developer x2 - Glasgow - £Competitive
SceneOne has an exciting opportunity to join of a multi-national market leader in IT Consulting Services which has been named by LinkedIn as a ?Top Attractor? of the best talent in the UK market.
Our client provides cutting edge science and technology solutions into crucial industries such as defence, intelligence and healthcare, and as such they have built strong teams across their various locations in the UK who are working hard to support vital missions and solve the world?s toughest problems.
Due to the continued success and growth of the business, they are looking for PL/SQL Developer?s to join their team based in Glasgow within their Transport sector.
The successful candidates must have sound technical knowledge which will enhance the delivery of technical solutions to their customers.
The key activities will be:
- Undertake development tasks with minimal supervision, including software designing, programming and testing within a Test-Driven Development process
- Provide accurate estimates for your own development tasks
- Assist with technical support tasks
- Understand and apply a formal quality approach
Candidates must have experience and knowledge of current Oracle technologies and methodology, and hands-on experience in the following:
- Oracle 10g/11g/12c PL/SQL
- Performance Tuning (TKPROF etc)
- Oracle Object Types (UDTs)
- TOAD and/or Oracle SQL Developer
- Test-Driven Development (TDD)
An understanding of the following would also be advantageous:
- Crystal reports
- Oracle RDBMS
- Exposure to .NET (C#)
- Exposure to Object-relational Mappers (e.g., NHibernate, Entity Framework)
- Software Design Patterns
- Agile Delivery Methodologies (e.g. Scrum)
A competitive basic salary depending on experience, with extensive learning, development and progression opportunities and a generous benefits package.
For more information please send your CV to *************************** or call **************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959495612