Senior/Lead Java Developer
Senior/Lead Java Developer - London
We specialise in agile custom software development and integration at an enterprise scale.
Our capabilities cover a wide variety of Open Source and proprietary technologies with a strong focus on the JVM and CLR. All of our team are first and foremost engineers, putting Software Engineering and professionalism at the heart of delivery
The role of the Java Developer in AD&I is primarily focussed on developing and delivering software solutions for other people - our clients. This will include development of both client and server side software following recognised standards and patterns. With a demonstrable Agile mind-set and approach, you should have a love of development and exposure to a range of technologies.
What you'll do:
Work on some of the most cutting edge Digital / Cloud-based architectures in development today
- Act as a designer, developer on delivery engagements for clients with responsibility for the specification, development, unit testing and implementation of complex multi-tier Applications
- Enhance existing applications due to changing customer needs and requirements
- Provide technical support for transition of the application into live service and support
- Take responsibility to ensure that projects deliver to time, cost and quality constraints
- Ensure that functional and non-functional requirements are appropriately implemented
What you'll bring:
Some of the following skills:
- Java 8, Algorithms, Data Science, Systems Engineering
- Knowledge of NoSQL Databases (Specifically Hadoop/Hbase)
- Spring / Spring Boot and spring data rest
- REST/Webservice Architecture
- Apache Camel
- Demonstrable Knowledge of a Microservices architecture
- Enterprise Integration Patterns
- Git/Jenkins / Continuous Integration
- OO Design skills
Exposure to the following techniques, tools and platforms are also required:
- SC Security Clearance or eligibility for clearance.
Why we're different:
We help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that's as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn't necessarily right for everyone. So we'd love to hear from you if you feel you're a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly.
As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London.
If you are the right person for this role, we'll find the right working approach for you.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959447933