Data Protection Officer
VIQU are working with an organisation in West Yorkshire to recruit a Data Protection Officer.
This is a 3-month contract position to support a large business who are undertaking a GDPR transformation programme of work.
As Data Protection Officer you will be tasked with:
- Ensuring an appropriate level of data and privacy compliance across the business.
- Overseeing data protection governance for GDPR Project and BAU activities.
- Providing senior stakeholder assurance through monitoring and oversight.
- Ensure data governance processes and procedures are established and adhered to across all agencies and markets in region.
- Undertake monitoring reviews of operational processes to ensure that the data protection controls in place are effective and working as intended. Track any mitigations to conclusion.
- Conduct privacy impact assessments for all new products and services ensuring due consideration is given to technical and organisational measures to protect and safeguard personal data.
- Support the local Legal and Procurement teams around privacy issues in contract negotiations and client relationships, highlighting to key stakeholders the necessity of adherence to customer data handling obligations.
Previous experience required:
- Experience operating in a data protection officer capacity
- Ability to review and rewrite data protection policies
- Ability to take responsibility for data protection within a large organisation
To discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail, please APPLY NOW for a no obligation chat with your VIQU Consultant. Additionally, you can contact Gary Billings, by exploring the VIQU IT Recruitment website.
If you know someone who would be ideal for this role, by way of showing our appreciation, VIQU is offering an introduction fee up to £1,000 once your referral has successfully started work with our client (terms apply).
To be the first to hear about other exciting opportunities, technology and recruitment news, please also follow us at 'VIQU IT Recruitment' on LinkedIn, and Twitter: @VIQU_UK
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959494712