Estates Compliance Manager
Job Title: Estates Compliance Manager
Salary: £30,776 to £36,124
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: 15/11/17
Expected Interview Date: 27/11/17
Our Client are the lead body for Scotland's historic environment; a charity dedicated to the advancement of heritage, culture, education and environmental protection.
About the Role:
Responsibilities include ensuring compliance of Mechanical & Electrical systems within properties, with oversight and line management of those staff responsible for the regional Facilities Management (FM) contracts. This post also ensures national consistency of approach and compliance on all relevant regulatory Health & Safety matters pertaining to properties in care, depots, workshops, offices, and visitor-facing facilities.
This post will require an element of travelling throughout the length and breadth of Scotland including the Northern and Western Isles.
Key Responsibilities, Duties and Objectives
- To effectively lead and manage your team of 3 Regional Facilities Managers including setting individual and team objectives., maintaining an oversight of workloads, agreement of forward programmes, and strategic overview of resources and resource needs.
- To take the lead on all compliance issues across Conservation Directorate Estates, and to liaise with Health & Safety colleagues and Conservation colleagues on relevant aspects.
- To manage, collate data, report quarterly on the Estates Compliance Matrix and to ensure that any compliance risks identified are fed into the Estates Risk Registers.
- To develop and manage consistency across the Estate on process and procedures to ensure compliance.
- To keep up to date with current relevant legislation, and to work closely with Conservation colleagues to ensure compliance is achieved and maintained, this includes ensuring that landlord checks are undertaken for residential properties.
- To work with Head of Analytics, Reporting and Audit to co-ordinate and collate compliance data on non-FM issues from Conservation colleagues on issues such as Waste Management, Climate Change, Trees, Flagpoles, Gravestones, Rock Management, Biodiversity and Training.
- To organise new FM contracts to be managed by the Regional Facilities Managers. These contracts will encompass a range of systems for testing and compliance, including (but not limited to); legionella testing, water risk assessments, portable appliance testing, boilers and associated equipment, security systems, fire alarm systems, sprinkler systems, and fixed wiring tests.
- Financial Management - managing budgets, raising orders and arranging payments for procured materials and services (training in in-house systems will be provided)
- Delivering excellent Service - Demonstrating a commitment to quality services
- Teamwork - Contributing to and supporting working together
- Planning and Organising - Putting plans and resources in place to achieve results
- Communication - Communicating appropriately and clearly
- Knowledge & Expertise - Applying and developing knowledge and expertise to achieve results - (See below for specific criteria)
- Achieving results - Focusing on the delivery of objectives
- Leading your team - Leading and developing people
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- You will have relevant qualifications and proven knowledge and experience of compliance issues on a large, complex estate.
- Accomplished IT skills, including good knowledge of Microsoft Office, and in particular a high level of competence in the use of Excel and its advanced functions.
- You will be able to prepare and deliver regular compliance reports, financial reports, programmes, etc. as required.
- You will have experience of working with colleagues to collate and present a structured analysis of data from difference sources.
- You will have proven experience of procuring and coordinating programmes of work and resources in a facilities management environment.
- You will be self-motivating, with the ability to multi-task, prioritise and work autonomously to achieve results.
- Experience of working with historic buildings.
- Good working knowledge of buildings, with sound understanding of Building Services.
- Essential - Degree or HND in Facilities Management, Health & Safety, Built Environment, Project Management, or other relevant subject area.
- Essential - A full driving licence and car user
- Desirable - Level 4, or above, British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM) qualification
What they offer:
- flexible working hours
- special leave
- maternity/paternity leave
- adoption leave
- childcare vouchers
Applications are especially welcome from those who have Gaelic language skills.
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the careers page.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Contract Compliance Manager, Housing Manager, Social Care Manager, Senior Housing & Support Officer, Housing Quality Assurance Manager, Compliance Manager, Senior Housing Compliance Officer, Housing Management may also be considered for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959445489