Software Development Affiliate
Job title: Software Development Affiliate
Duration: 12-months fixed term contract
Salary range: £20,000 to £25,000 (depending on experience)
We are working with the specialist steel toll provider Servosteel to support their progressive plans with the hire of a specialist Software Developer as an Affiliate with Birmingham City University.
Servosteel is one of the largest independent Steel Toll Processors in the UK and they are committed to offering an established and innovative processing service to the steel community and with an annual capacity of over 500,000 tonnes have the ability to offer a premium service to their customers that is unrivalled. Their excellent facilities include 2 Slitting Lines, 2 Decoiling lines, a Coil Picking line, Flatbed Laser Cutting and the UK's only Coil Recover Line, along with opportunities for material storage and steel supply. All of which reaffirms their position as the complete "one stop steel shop".
As part of their drive to continually improve their customer service we are working with them to source a talented graduate software developer that can help expand their already successful internal software development team by supporting the development of an internal application for mobiles and tablets that will enable them to have access to database anywhere on site, at all times, and will increase efficiency within the organisation. Holding at least a good undergraduate degree in a computing related discipline, the ideal applicant will possess strong software development skills, ideally with experience of cross platform mobile development platforms such as Xamarin, Ionic or Cordova.
The Software Development Affiliate should have the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge of mobile platforms such as IOS, Android, Windows
- Experience of designing, developing and maintaining DBMS based software (experience of MYSQL/MariaDB preferred)
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and networking skills
- Project management experience
Essential Education and Qualifications:
- English and maths GCSE grade C or equivalent
- 1st or 2:1 in: computing related discipline with aspects of software development
Specific qualities related to the position:
- An innovative and creative thinker
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Able to work independently and to manage multiple deadlines effectively
- Excellent time management and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communicator with all level of staff
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959509336