Job ID: R-55715
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Aviva in the West & South Wales Region for an on-site Commercial Trading Underwriter based in a Brokers office in Poole and aligned to our Southampton Trading Team in Eastleigh.
As an on-site Trading Underwriter, you will be responsible for developing, building and strengthening the relationship with your aligned broker and understanding what matters to them in order to drive profitable commercial new business growth and retain existing business, whilst operating within agreed guidelines and authority levels.
Whilst leading the Aviva on-site team, you will act as a role model and provide coaching and mentoring to colleagues within your site and the wider region to improve capability.
This opportunity presents a unique and stimulating challenge in an ever changing market so agility, confidence and self-awareness will be just a few of the attributes required.
- Has an in-depth knowledge of how individual case decision making influences the overall team result, and uses this to trade a portfolio of cases where appropriate.
- Understands the core principles of insurance, uses knowledge of Aviva products to differentiate between products types and can explain the benefits of cover for customers.
- Understands the benefits of risk management and utilises this in day to day case handling.
- Proactively drives own development to enhance individual and team performance.
- In-depth product knowledge and market awareness.
- Maintains visibility in the marketplace ensuring that your aligned broker is informed of our plans and strategies.
- Plans and handles own and site?s workflow to meet demand.
- Can work independently, within underwriting authority.
- Ideally holds or is working towards a professional qualification..
Salary c £30,000 depending on experience + excellent flexible benefit package.
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we?ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva?s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959487595