MAIN PURPOSE OF POST:
To ensure that all non staff payments are made and are accounted for accurately and in a timely manner; these payments adhere to financial regulations and meet contractual and legal arrangements; to carry out the purchase ledger tasks as part of Payments Team function to achieve weekly / monthly routines, as coordinated by the Payments Supervisor; tasks between Payments Team staff members are interchangeable.
Purchase Ledger Accounting:
- To ensure that authorised suppliers are set up in the accounting system;
- To ensure all invoices and credit notes are accurately recorded in the accounting system, and seeking repayment in respect of credit notes with suppliers where appropriate;
- To ensure that all payments are made within supplier requirements, including a weekly payment proposal report for review by the Finance Manager;
- To promote maximising the use of electronic payments systems ? BACS / Direct Debit / Credit Card facility - throughout the organisation;
- To encourage minimising use of cheques and petty cash throughout the organisation;
- To monitor payments made by Credit Cards / procurement card facilities and ensure that these are appropriately accounted for in the accounting system on a timely basis;
- To ensure that payments made by Direct Debit are reflected within the accounting system on a timely basis;
- To ensure re-imbursements of Projects? petty cash are made promptly and ensure that these are appropriately accounted for in the accounting system on a timely basis;
- To liaise with suppliers over queries and ensure these are resolved promptly;
- To reconcile supplier statements and other monthly financial controls, as prescribed by the Finance Manager, on a timely basis; and
- To maintain the purchase ledger and associated payments-related accounts in general ledger within the accounting system and the online approval system (eBIS).
- Filing of purchase ledger records in a logical, timely and accurate manner.
Support the Finance Manager in any reasonable ad-hoc exercises as may from time to time be required, particularly at period ends, and provide cover for other members of the Payments Team when required.
Management of Resources
Promote the organisation and represent Hestia by building effective relationships with purchasers, key partners, stakeholders, tenants and funders.
Your work tasks need to be carried out at all times within the context of the following policies which reflect the values of Hestia, and our commitment to best practice in working with our service users, colleagues, and external agencies:
- Code of Conduct
This sets out Hestia?s general expectations around staff conduct whilst at work.
- Professional Contact
This sets out the boundaries of our work with residents and tenants, and gives guidance as to what behaviour is and is not acceptable.
This sets out our expectation that all information relating to Hestia and its tenants/resident must be kept confidential, apart from information in the public domain.
- Equal Opportunities
This sets out our expectations of staff in ensuring fair access to services and employment, and equitable treatment of both service users and staff.
- Health and Safety
This sets out our expectations of staff in ensuring they work in a healthy and safe environment.
- Internal Communications
Amongst other matters, this sets out the rights and responsibilities of all staff in relation to communications within the organisation
Experience on working on a purchase ledger and/or dealing with purchase invoices and payments in either a local authority; housing association or similar charitable organisation.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959493360