Java / Scala Developer
Our West London based client are currently seeking an experienced Developer to join their team on an initial 3 month contract.
- Develop excellent quality software using agile techniques such as Test Driven Development and Pair Programming
- Take an active role in Story definition, assisting QA's and business stakeholders with Acceptance criteria
- Working on exciting products delivering significant new capabilities to our clients applications, ensuring the User receive the best service every day, improving the codebase and have active participation in all aspects of the team - this includes daily stand up meetings, planning, showcases, retrospectives and more.
- Participate in regular showcases of new work to business stakeholders
- Sharing and generating new ideas, provide constructive and useful feedback with peers
- Communicate professionally with your team and other teams in your division, knowing how to contribute and how to listen.
- Delivered work is accurate and thorough and you strive towards excellence
- You play an active part in the client's Technology communities
- You are an active contributor to internal and/or external open source projects
- You are actively mentoring and coaching other members of the team, your help has a recognized impact on their development
Skills advantageous for this position:
- Experience and strong ability in Scala and Java
- Machine Learning
- Strong TDD and BDD background
- Experience with both Unit, Functional and Non-Functional testing
- Experience with Continuous Delivery
- Knowledge and experience of a wide range of best of breed open source and commercial technologies
- Experience of software development for high capacity, high traffic (1 million sign-ins a day), high availability websites/systems
- Delivery experience within an agile environment using Scrum/Kanban methodologies
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent industry experience
- Python knowledge would be beneficial
- A Bias for getting the job done
- You recognize discordant views and take part in constructive dialogue to resolve them.
- An enthusiasm and aptitude for learning new skills and practices
- Take pride and ownership in your work , You confidently represent your team to other parts of the business.
Candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959510072