Principal Cost Engineer
Job type: Permanent
Hours: 37 per week - over time may be required to cover the needs of the business and will be paid.
Salary: Negotiable depending on expereince
Thales teams deliver cutting-edge solutions to armed forces the world over. We are Europe's number one supplier of defence electronics and a leading provider of integrated air defence systems. But our people don't just work with incredibly advanced technology. The armoured vehicles we build can resist the full force of improvised explosive devices, while our avionics solutions control some of the world's most iconic military aircraft. Together, our people make the world safer.
Our Manufacturing team in Belfast are looking for a motivated, driven and experienced Principal Cost Engineer or Principal Industrial Engineer to join them to provide costing and estimating support to programmes and projects, focusing on material and labour costs. You will also assist the Methods Manager in selecting and implementing best practice estimating and costing techniques and solutions with typical contract values of £1m.
We are looking to implement new modernised systems, processes and standards so this would therefore suit someone with solid experience in manufacturing estimation or costing who has also written manufacturing processes and created manufacturing instructions.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Establish estimating standards with reference to new manufacturing techniques and processes to allow the formulation of estimating standard times.
- Utilise Industrial Engineering techniques, including work study, to establish accurate labour content and improve the workflow of operations and work area layouts.
- Provide analysis of data on operations labour performance against contractual KPI's.
- To develop, maintain and improve departmental instructions and procedures in conjunction with Team Manager.
- To work as a member of a multi-functional team during the bid phase of a project to ensure that accurate labour and material estimates are compiled.
- Assist in preparation of facility layouts in conjunction with other operations personnel.
- Assist in provision of training to wider personnel in estimating and procedures related to this.
- Degree or equivalent in an engineering related discipline is highly desirable. HNC or HND or equivalent will also be considered with relevant experience.
- Background in manufacturing costing or estimating including bid preparation.
- Experience in writing manufacturing processes and instructions.
- Knowledge of the full manufacturing product life cycle.
- Detailed working knowledge of Industrial engineering including setting of shop standards.
- Solid knowledge of machining and assembly processes.
If you have the right experience and are keen to make a difference, then please apply.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959447969