Salary based on experience + competitive benefits
Who you'll be working with
Capgemini Cloud Infrastructure Services have recently streamlined their operations around an IT services supply chain model. As part of this initiative, they have established a global Cloud Practice, tasked with client advisory services, cloud project engagements and cloud service delivery. As a result, the Cloud Practice is looking to build on its architect team by recruiting experienced cloud architects and consultants.
The focus of your role
The purpose of the role is to assist Clients in understanding, adopting and exploiting the opportunities that DevOps presents. The successful applicant will have a wealth of experience in embedding DevOps practices & tooling into organisations; and delivering Projects which make use of these. They should be able to engage at any point in the project lifecycle, from initial client strategy discussions right through to delivery of DevOps project.
What you'll do
- The DevOps SME is an emerging role within the Capgemini Cloud Infrastructure Services business. Our Clients have ambitions to deliver IT services faster in response to the ever changing competitive landscape, and our DevOps SME's will help them do so.
- In this role the DevOps SME will engage closely with Architects, clients, partners and other business units to develop and execute innovative and competitive solutions / projects for new and existing clients. They will leverage their wealth of previous experience in DevOps to create target state Architectures, reference Architectures and oversee the delivery of projects.
- It is anticipated that individuals will have significant specialisms in several DevOps tooling, whilst also having Cloud (AWS or Azure) experience. Preference will be given to candidates with strong Architecture awareness as well as the requisite technical knowledge & expertise
What you'll bring
- Expert knowledge of DevOps concepts and aspects
- Exposure and understanding of automated build pipeline, continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Experience of multi-node Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible environments
- Previous experience of Unix /Windows Shell scripting and administration
- Familiarity with Cloud Formation and JSON.
- Familiarity with monitoring tools like Nagios, Incinga, SiteScope, etc
- Experience of AWS or Azure platform features and capabilities
- Thorough background on general infrastructure components like Networking, Server platforms, storage, application structure (2-tier, 3-tier), Identity, Security (Encryption, PKI), load balancing, clients (workstations, laptops, Thin client), Mobility, etc.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959447935