Software Engineer (Developer In Test) Permanent
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Developer In Test to join our highly dynamic team.
As part of the Developer job you will:
- Understanding product requirements and ensuring comprehensive engineering coverage
- Working closely with development to build out automation for black/white box test scenarios for identified use cases
- Author and run integration test cases to validate cross-feature dependencies
- Building/harnessing existing testing tools and automated testing frameworks written in Java
- Evaluating and testing new product features according to business and functional requirements while identifying potential risks
- Participating in design and code reviews, software maintenance releases, and documentation of test cases and results
- Developing new approaches to solve technical and process gaps identified during Quality Engineering activities
- Working in tandem with other engineers to build advanced automated frameworks to deliver and exercise our world-class applications
- Execution of other responsibilities appropriate to the skills and experience of the role holder as identified by the project manager.
Developer in Test Skills, Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelors Engineering degree in Computers or Electronics.
- At least 4 years relevant experience.
- 2+ years of experience in software quality and/or software development engineering
- 1+ years of experience in Java on a Linux/Unix environment
- 1+ years of experience using CI tools like Jenkins and version control software like git, perforce etc.
- 1+ years of experience in testing SOAP/REST based API interfaces and Service-Oriented Architectures
Developer in Test Desired Skills
- Domain knowledge in the areas of web server (apache / tomcat), proxy server and browser technologies
- Working knowledge of RDBMS (SQL) and noSQL databases
- Familiarity with DevOPs concepts
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent debugging/troubleshooting skills
- Ability to visualize a feature end-to-end & work with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly responsible, self-disciplined, self-motivated, able to work with little or no supervision
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Experience mentoring and sharing best practices in software testing
We are a rapidly expanding small team, aiming to develop revolutionary products and provide world class consultancy service to our clients. We are passionate about our products, services, our customers and our colleagues. We work using exciting IT tools to communicate, support and achieve our goals.
Salary: GBP 35000 - 37500 Annually.
Type of Job: Full Time
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Closing Date: 08 December 2017
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959491676