Senior Hardware Engineer
Senior Hardware Engineer to c£50k neg dep exp Cheshire
Our clients are recognised as market leaders in the exciting and innovative world of electroacoustic systems and as a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, are now seeking to recruit a dynamic, self-motivated and experienced Senior Hardware Engineer to complement their established and successful team.
Reporting directly to the CTO and based out of prestigious offices in the North West near Warrington, the Senior Hardware Engineer will be responsible for leading the development of new electronic hardware and associated firmware in support of the company's ongoing R&D of electroacoustic platforms, production test systems and, where needed, customer end-product designs - taking responsibility for their specification and engineering through to final commissioning, testing, validation and the creation of associated documentation.
Core responsibilities for this exciting opportunity will include (but not be limited to):
- Hardware engineering, involving analogue, mixed signal and digital electronics, as well as supporting firmware, with responsibilities extending to Requirements capture, DFM, Commissioning and Testing, Validation and Documentation creation
- Developing hardware that supports the company's ongoing R&D of new electroacoustic platforms, including the development of hardware for production test systems and for customer end products, that where needed, incorporate proprietary audio IP and/or components
- Supporting the development and validation of new silicon components, which incorporate proprietary audio IP
- Responding to internal requests for support involving electronics and firmware
- Trouble shooting internal and customer-originated electronic and firmware designs
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of corporate knowledge, with emphasis on electronic engineering
- Supporting the preparation and prosecution of patent applications involving company- developed electronics and firmware
- Contributing to TQM and continuous process improvement initiatives
Tasked with ensuring the successful completion of electronics engineering objectives, on time and to budget, as well as for the preparation and maintenance of supporting documentation for both internal and external consumption, you will additionally liaise extensively with both internal and external customers as required, so exceptional communication skills at all levels are essential for the position.
To be considered for this varied and challenging Senior Hardware Engineer role, it is envisaged that the successful candidate will demonstrate extensive experience gained in primarily analogue hardware design with additional exposure to mixed-signal and digital applications and proven Firmware and software engineering experience. You will be skilled in component selection, with additional abilities in optimising for both functionality and cost. Ideally you will possess skills and experience in both analogue and digital signal processing applications, along with Board layout experience in both optimisation and placement and EMI. You will additionally demonstrate previous experience gained in the use of electronic design tools such as Altium and Matlab and proven "technical authoring" abilities in the creation and maintenance of associated documentation, with embedded software experience proving distinctly advantageous.
Realistically demonstrating either Graduate or post-graduate study experience of practical engineering in electronics engineering (or a closely related area) and with at least 10 years of professional experience, preferably in electronics for audio applications which have been successfully introduced into mass production, this is a genuinely exceptional opportunity for a suitably qualified and experience Senior Hardware Engineer professional to join a highly successful and innovative operation and challenge your skills to the limits. Contact the Electronics Team at PTR or email your details in confidence to *********************** for further details.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959497926